being part of a "Special Engineering project"

Listicka

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it means?
I am a part of it or at least I was till I had problems with my D2G and couldn't turn it off. I couldn't make any calls and I couldn't use the settings. I was told some App did it, but I am not sure. I expressed not liking it, but was not told if I am taken off this special program or not.
Thanks

jbdow

Reaction score
I have no idea what you're talking about - is this kinda like a guinea pig thing
for app makers? or a cia ploy? Sounds to me like someone is trying to track
your every move....

silver6054

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it means?
I am a part of it or at least I was till I had problems with my D2G and couldn't turn it off. I couldn't make any calls and I couldn't use the settings. I was told some App did it, but I am not sure. I expressed not liking it, but was not told if I am taken off this special program or not.
Thanks
Motorola and/or Verizon might invite you to take part in certain studies, and supply special code to your phone, but it would be made very clear that this is what was happening and you would need to opt in and agree to the terms and conditions! How did you find out you were part of this special engineering study?

OP
Listicka

Listicka

Reaction score
I found out while calling Verizon tech support. I was redirected to Motorola tech and down the line I was asked if I am still willing to be a part of this special eng project. I said I don't know what it is and since I have these problems I don't think I like being part of something like that. I was not given an answer.
Truly I do not remember agreeing to anything, however I was not the one ordering the phone.

I will be making a call to them to make sure I am off the program. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
Listicka

Listicka

Reaction score
I just talked to the Motorola support about it.
I was put on it while calling them with a problem that the first tech support couldn't solve. The were going to send me a new D2G.
I did call back while I didn't receive confirmation email and the second tech support helped me to solve the problem. He asked me about if I would want to continue the special project and I said no. However no confirmation again.
I was told today, that I am not part of it anymore because my D2G is not having problems anymore.
So no confirmation or statement was done to start with.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App