*** ~ Beginners' Questions, Please ~ ***

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droidiscute11561, Dec 18, 2013.

1. droidiscute11561

droidiscute11561 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new and I have almost never used my phone. Could anyone be so kind as to help me with some of these problems and questions?

Links to good guides would be great!

~ Apps ~

* Apps that you delete are still showing up when you press the application icon
    ** How to fix?

* What is the best way to dl apps without a google account?

* How can you transfer apps from your computer to your phone?
    ** Getting apps on the phone isn't very easy (small screen, hard to type, tabs of apps already on the laptop), so it's better to just transfer it from the computer to the phone.

* How do you know which apps needs wifi so that it works? (I have no data plan, almost never used the phone)
    ** The apps doesn't say "needs wifi/data connection" or "works offline"

* From the google play app, I'm trying to dl my first app -- mapfactor play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator
    ** but on the phone, when I search for it, I can't find it. It says "no results found"
    *** When I go to Apps, there's another a few "top" ones. I can't all of them or a list.
    *** Also, when I go to Apps > Categories > Travel & Local > there's only a few apps
    **** I need the gps! I get lost SO MUCH!

~ Wifi ~

* How can you increase the wifi signal strength?
    ** It's very low
    ** Others had different problems like couldn't connect, or random disconnection after the upgrade
    *** One said 4.0.4 wasn't playing nice with an older router
    **** Maybe upgrading would make things better

~

Phone Model: SPH-D710 (samsung epic)
    Android Version: 4.0.4 (trying to upgrade this)
    Build Version: IMM76.FF18

Please link!

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the forum

You sure know how to load up questions all at once. ;) I'll take a shot at a few.

If you go to settings - application manager and uninstall apps the phone did not come with there should not be any icons remaining.

Use your laptop to go to the Google Store and tell it to install the app to your phone from there

Virtually all the apps will work on WiFi, (or not). You need to figure out if the app uses the Internet and if it does it will default (should) default to WiFi if connected. Mostly only some games don't need a connection. There is not off-line option I'm aware of.

I don't quite understand all of your next question but if you are looking for a good GPS app I suggest Sygic

On your WiFi question you can't increase the strength on the phone. It's dependent on your router. Either a booster/repeater, firmware update or new (better) router may be the answer. I have additionalk WiFi tips in a link below in my signature.

3. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Your very first question (deleted apps still show up in app tray) may be due to some confusion between: 1) deleting an app icon from your home screen, and 2) uninstalling an app.

To delete from home screen, tap and hold an icon, and slide it to the trash can. This deletes the icon from your home screen, but does NOT uninstall the app. (It's the same as deleting a shortcut from the desktop of a PC.)

To uninstall an app - from your homescreen tap menu > apps > all apps, then scroll to the one you want, click on it and then tap uninstall. Keep in mind that some pre-installed apps can not be uninstalled. On more recent versions of Android you will get an option to "freeze" "disable"an app. That's the next best thing if it can't be uninstalled.

#3 TatDroid, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. droidiscute11561

Ratings:
    +0
    *** ~ List Of All The Best Android Apps For Each Type/Function, Please ~ ***

From personal experience, you recommendations would be wonderful! I lost all my apps, settings, everything after finally! rooting to 4.1.2

Best launcher to download? Just one please.

Offline muti-route navigation with turn by turn voice? And the rest of the other kinds of apps?

Links are helpful.

someone said to ask a new topic on here.. -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...t-android-apps-each-type-function-please.html

5. droidiscute11561

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone! Thank you for the helpful comments.... so far..., so I made a list that anyone can edit (wasn't sure what site to put it so I put in on google spreadsheets). It's a gift to the droid community!! --

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au_G8juRoIiqdGtURlFqVEdzcHhPdk84NXFyNmVUdHc&usp=sharing

far from completed

Please include links or other really good support when recommending an app that you've meticulously tested (in comparison with other apps of its kind) for inclusion.

Search tags for this page

galaxy sii d710 problem download app store with e1200 router

trash can icon for google play apps on computer