1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

begging for dwang buuf on droid

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by dnatale89, Feb 11, 2010.

1. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

please, i LOVE this theme and cant get it on the droid. if anyone has it on their moto droid, please tell me how. if anyone ever hears of an update from its creator please let me know. im almost tempted to take a whack at it myself but i really dont have the time...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!:icon_ banana:

EDIT: here is the link to it...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=574139

i think he just released a copy for Eclair 2.0.1...
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Welcome to the Site....

What are you looking for? :blink:
  3. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

thanks for the warm welcome!!

^^ the buuf theme for metamorph^^
    i've been looking for months! please tell me you can help!
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

5. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

yes thats it, but it not installing on the droid, it seems to me like its HTC only. i've tried to use MetaMorph to get this theme but it doesnt seem to take on the moto droid.
  6. TNS201

TNS201 New Member

You could probably make it work on the droid.

Move all his images to the proper sections of the APK from your phone, then send it back to your phone. This should probably work..
  7. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

i know how to do most things when it comes to metamorph/rooting but of course not that ^^. it would be much appresh if someone could do that and post up a zip file for the theme thats compatible with moto-droid. :) any takers?
  8. TNS201

TNS201 New Member

I will see what I can do but it might take a few days, I liked this theme too, but I dont like some of the colors. Mostly like keyboard and dialer.
  9. TNS201

TNS201 New Member

I did the keyboard, but you can probably only replace it if you have sholes 2.0.3 on your phone or voice search with keyboard, believe its a 2.1 app, cuz you need to have VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk installed in /system/app/

I'll attach if for you so you can see if you like it, I don't think I am gonna mess with this, I don't even know how to make a metamorph theme, can anyone point me to a good tutorial.

You can use what I attach, but you have to delete the old VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk in your /system/app/ directory and replace it with mine.

Make sure you backup your old one first.c:\

Code:
    adb pull VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk c:\directorywhereyouwant\

Then do
    Code:
    adb push VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk /system/app/

You shouldn't have to reboot, just put this there and try pulling up your keyboard.
  10. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

i was thinking if i DL another metamorph theme, unzip it, etc and replace the names on the Buuf theme with the ones on the other theme so when droid reads it, it reads the appropriate names but they images are replaced with those of the Buuf theme...

who thinks this is a pissibility?
  11. TNS201

TNS201 New Member

I think the images arent the right size for some of the droid stuff. Some reason I cant get the phone dialer to be replaced.
  12. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

ill try it and see if anythings weird looking, then edit it from there...

you seem like a knowledgable dude, how do i find out what i rooted my droid with?
    i have android root helper and SU capablilities but im confused about ROMS, what exactly Cyanogen/MetaMorph are and kernals too...

i kinda need an explination off all this...
  13. TNS201

TNS201 New Member

May I suggest this, its quite easy.

http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater-7.apk

Download that, use the link on your droid, then once it downloads on your phone, install it.

Then run it. Install and do everything it asks you to until you get to install what rom and choose sholes.info 2.0.3 Choose that and it will download a 90mb file to your phone. Once its done it will ask you to flash the rom, it will then restart your phone, make a nandroid backup of your current phone and then start installing the rom. I suggest installing most the features except the 2.1 launcher it causes force closes and also dont install wifi tether if you dont need it. Once its done, reboot your phone. Also it will ask to install a theme for you and a few apps with that theme next to it, Id do it. Its something glass or glass something.
  14. dnatale89

dnatale89 New Member

i figured it out, i was rooted with busybox. im thinking of actually changing over to sholes but i havent heard of anything that better/worse...cept the whole OC. i catually have setCPU so i can mess around with it but cant actually make it run faster. can i use metamorph on sholes? and how will i know if i have to teather my wifi or not?
Search tags for this page

buuf dialer