Before i update a Question??????

bottleslinger714

Reaction score
I read so many people having problems after the update... I have been running sluggish and slow on my droid the last few weeks. I have had a few freeze ups and battery pulls.. Should i update or find someone to root my phone...

superglen99

Reaction score
I would suggest rooting and overclocking. I currently have cyanogen 5.0.5.6 and the bekit 5 slot 1Ghz kernal. I read that the cyanogen I am running automatically will re download and install your apps that you had before you installed it:) Download Rom manager from the market which makes it a breeze. It will wipe data and cache which in itself will speed up your phone. there is lots of Rom info on the android roms section of this forum so read up. FYI the newest Cyanogen Rom is based off ese81 :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I read so many people having problems after the update... I have been running sluggish and slow on my droid the last few weeks. I have had a few freeze ups and battery pulls.. Should i update or find someone to root my phone...

Have you installed any/many new apps in the last few weeks? Sounds to me like something is bogging your phone down, and the only way that rooting it will really improve it (aside from making it faster if you overclock) is that you'll have to wipe data/cache when you install a new rom and all of your apps will be uninstalled, so whatever is bogging you down won't be there anymore...