Before I root my droid 2 global I have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by the_fallen_shu, Dec 1, 2011.

1. the_fallen_shu

the_fallen_shu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I've had my droid for awhile now and I've been thinking about rooting it. But I have a few questions before I do.

1. Once rooted can I restore my phone back to the factory settings incase I ever decide to get rid of it.
    2. Will I have to backup all my contacts and other applications that I have before I root my phone.
    3. Whats the best possible way to root my phone.

These are fairly dumb questions but id really like to do this right and it screw up on me. Because this is my first time ever rooting a phone so all the help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Brian1

Brian1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes you can a few ways depending on what you done to it. The easiest is SBF way back to a phone that has never been setup ever.
    2. No your contacts should be ried to a Google account so you will not lose them even if you change or reset the phone. Just use the same google account to get contacts back setup.
    3. This depends on what OS you are running. kernel 2.2 one can use z4root. kernel 2.3 one can use the method.

Lots of post under the Droid 2 section which has child forum sections on the D2G and hacking on doing this depending on the OS you are running.

3. the_fallen_shu

the_fallen_shu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks! I ended up going the z4root route I just have to find some good roms now lol