BEFORE! 2.2 official rollout. What to do? (root users)

atlien003

Reaction score
I think this thread is necessary to help the rooted users.

What happened last time was.....the rollout came out and alot of us were suffering from severe battery drain from the OTA continual download.

What i did was not really the right thing. I unrooted and took the update and had to reroot. Pain in the A$$.

What i should have done is just accept the update and let it download and let SPRecovery block it. Thats all that i really had to do. Wish i had known that before hand. That is why i started this thread.

If it is the same as the last update this is all you have to do.

1. accept it and let it download
2. SPRecovery will then block it
3. No more prompts to download the OTA
4. VOILA!!!

(if any of this information is incorrect please feel free to edit in your own post)

Has this been verified to work???

Just got OTA notification to update from Verizon, strange I never got one for 2.2.

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103

What happened last time was.....the rollout came out and alot of us were suffering from severe battery drain from the OTA continual download.

What i did was not really the right thing. I unrooted and took the update and had to reroot. Pain in the A$$.

What i should have done is just accept the update and let it download and let SPRecovery block it. Thats all that i really had to do. Wish i had known that before hand. That is why i started this thread.

4. VOILA!!!

(if any of this information is incorrect please feel free to edit in your own post)

Just got OTA notification to update from Verizon, strange I never got one for 2.2.
Did you mean 2.1? It's reported to be working if you have SPRecovery on your phone. That's what blocks the OTA installation.

atlien003

Reaction score

4. VOILA!!!

Did you mean 2.1? It's reported to be working if you have SPRecovery on your phone. That's what blocks the OTA installation.

Oh yeah I never got one for 2.1