1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Been wanting an Android phone...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by sxeptomaniac, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sxeptomaniac

sxeptomaniac New Member

I'm glad to finally have a Droid of my own. Got mine a couple of weeks back, and I've been taking my time getting used to it and finding good apps.

I've been a Linux user for a number of years now. I jumped in with Ubuntu not long after it was introduced, and have mostly settled on Kubuntu these days. When I first started reading about the Android project I was hoping the day would come when I could own one myself. The Droid really seems to be the best of the bunch I've looked at so far. It has a nice utilitarian design that reminds me of my first Linux machine: an IBM Thinkpad T30 (stolen a couple years back... sniff).
  2. blackjoker4215

blackjoker4215 New Member

Welcome to the forums and to the life post Droid.
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome, sxeptomaniac! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome: