Bedside app?

Beer

Reaction score
Has anyone found a great app they love to turn your Turbo into a great alarm clock? I used to use Bedside but it had compatibility issues so I upgraded to the latest version which actually had fewer features. The must haves I'm looking for are a dim screen, whitelisting certain contacts, and soothing sounds or the ability to launch an app that does easily.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using this
Alarm Clock Plus - Android Apps on Google Play
since 2010 with 0 problems with compatibility with any device or os version. It seems fragmentation proof. I bought the paid version to remove ads but other than ads it's the same. It hasn't been updated in a while but it really hasn't needed one for stability or anything of the like.

OP
Beer

Beer

Reaction score
Thanks gang. I've tried gentle alarm the last couple nights and am pretty happy with it. I just don't see a way to whitelist numbers and it would be nice to launch my sound generator from Gentle Alarm directly. I'll probably pull the trigger but it still doesn't quite seem to have all the functionality of Bedside.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Does the Turbo have a "Blocking Mode" in system settings? It turns off all calls, texts, notifications etc during a set time frame and allows you to whitelist certain contacts that you want to come through.
I thought this was a Google thing, but maybe it's a Samsung thing?

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've been using this
Alarm Clock Plus - Android Apps on Google Play
since 2010 with 0 problems with compatibility with any device or os version. It seems fragmentation proof. I bought the paid version to remove ads but other than ads it's the same. It hasn't been updated in a while but it really hasn't needed one for stability or anything of the like.

+1
May not be the prettiest but literally been using is since the earliest days of Android and has not once ever failed to wake me. This was the original BEST and many of the later Alarms copied features from it.

As for DO NOT DISTURB, no Alarm Clock has it that I am aware of. You need to use a separate app for that.
Turbo uses Motorola's MOTO ASSIST but there are LOTS of these in the Play Store.