Because it's more fun than studying for circuits...

ret

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm here as a result of my Droid 2 which I recently rooted and loaded epic rom onto. The epic rom is mostly what led me here and I am definitely enjoying it.

I'm currently an EE and IE student at Liberty University in Virginia and like to tinker with just about everything, cars, guns, paintball, computers and so on. Odds are I'll be spending most of my time in the Cars thread in OT or occasionally bouncing around the Droid 2 forums.

Thanks for helping me procrastinate some from studying for my Circuits midterm. :D

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the dark side (rooted). Like you, I rooted my Droid soon after purchasing. It has been fun. Check out the entire section for the Droid 2 in the Forum.

Mike

BTW good luck on the mid-terms!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
welcome ret

We've already gotten familiar over on my computer thread : )

Enjoy the forums. Great to have you here

OP
ret

ret

Reaction score
BTW good luck on the mid-terms!
Thanks, I rocked it. :)

I'm guessing by your avatar that you either were or are a student at PSU, what major and how did you like it? It's one of the schools I'm considering for Grad school.
welcome ret

We've already gotten familiar over on my computer thread : )

Enjoy the forums. Great to have you here
I still want pics. :D

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you did well on the midterms! I am an alum and recent retiree from PSU. Majored in Business with a focus on Quantitive Business Analysis. When I attended IT was not a major so QBA was the closets to IT. Prior to retiring, I was the IT director in central HR.

PSU has several excellent grad programs. What is your field of study?

Mike

OP
ret

ret

Reaction score
I'm currently a dual major in Industrial & Systems Engineering and Electrical Engineering. I know PSU has a great Electrical program, I haven't looked into the Industrial that much because it's not a primary concern of mine, I would like to study Mechanical and hopefully a little Nuclear as well.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Engineering program at PSU is top notch! State College is a very nice place to live and, as one can imagine, the town is geared to the students and academic community.

If you plan a visit to PSU give me a heads up and I'll be glad to share some thoughts.

OP
ret

ret

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always been a fan of Penn State. I used to talk to a guy on the paintball team that ran a business through college and always wanted to go there to play for the paintball team. :p Now I'm too old to play paintball.

I'd love to get back up to PA and tour State College but I won't be in grad school for a while - Due to my Dual Major my graduation date got pushed back a couple years. :(