Beautiful Widgets

mitchb2

Reaction score
+1 on the inaccurate weather data. I just purchased this yesterday.

If the weather report was correct, I'd see melting snow and be very glad.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 on the inaccurate weather data. I just purchased this yesterday.

If the weather report was correct, I'd see melting snow and be very glad.

there was an issue with the geolocation setting in Beautiful Widgets. It had something to do with Google. It's since been fixed because the developer worked non stop to get it resolved. Everything is back to fully functional. You should have spot on accurate weather now. Just install the updates from the Market.

Make sure to remove the widget on your screen now after the update and replace it!

Jordie

Reaction score
Awesome app. Beautiful Widget is so much better than Weather Widget. More updates and fixes. I got a question for Tama.

I'm from the states. I noticed the text length of the city and state is really long. Viewing the phone vertically(portrait view) the city and state the text is way to long and hides behind the graphics of the weather. Is it possible to shorten it by getting text before the ",". For example, I'm from New York. The text would say Flushing, New York but some of the letters would be hidden. So it would actually look like "Flushing, Ne". I would like it to just say "Flushing" in the portrait view rather than "Flushing, Ne". It's just getting text before the "," so it would look a lot better. I think the area of the text can only hold aroudn 12 or 13 characters before it gets hidden by the weather graphics on the widget.

Last edited:

Terra

Reaction score
Developer,

I love the app, but I'm having an issue with the weather. Is it possible to use a different source for the forecasts? For instance, here in San Antonio, it has been drizzling all day. Weatherbug lists our forecast as having light rain; however, beautiful widgets has been only displayin cloudy all day despite having the refresh interval set to every 30min. In my area for some reason google weather servers are not reliable compared to other sources. In fact, I had the same problem with all other weather apps that used google weather as an option. I did, however, have better luck with NOAA weather service, which was given as an option by weather forecast widget donate.

I love the animations of the widget such that I'm willing to overlook the slight inaccuracies of the weather. But it is a little unfortuante that google is broadcasting cloudy weather when its clearly drizzling and with areas of light rain. I think what bothers me the most is that I cannot see the beautiful rain animations because of google's spotty forecasts. Thanks for your help.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Developer,

I love the app, but I'm having an issue with the weather. Is it possible to use a different source for the forecasts? For instance, here in San Antonio, it has been drizzling all day. Weatherbug lists our forecast as having light rain; however, beautiful widgets has been only displayin cloudy all day despite having the refresh interval set to every 30min. In my area for some reason google weather servers are not reliable compared to other sources. In fact, I had the same problem with all other weather apps that used google weather as an option. I did, however, have better luck with NOAA weather service, which was given as an option by weather forecast widget donate.

I love the animations of the widget such that I'm willing to overlook the slight inaccuracies of the weather. But it is a little unfortuante that google is broadcasting cloudy weather when its clearly drizzling and with areas of light rain. I think what bothers me the most is that I cannot see the beautiful rain animations because of google's spotty forecasts. Thanks for your help.

Got to the Market, tap Menu>downloads and make sure you have the latest version. The one from mid day today fixed a lot of the inconsistant weather issues for me and others.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hear ya about LA weather, but LA County is a BIG place. Lots of micro-climate areas. I wish the widget included wind forecast. Would save a few wasted days on the golf course.
needs fire updates too : )

imagine our homescreens, fire and smoke everywere lol

Deuel

Reaction score
As long as it's only on the homescreen, I'm cool with it. Too close for comfort in the past having to evacuate.

Terra

Reaction score
Developer,

Got to the Market, tap Menu>downloads and make sure you have the latest version. The one from mid day today fixed a lot of the inconsistant weather issues for me and others.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been following this thread since the most current update and have done that all ready. There is nothing wrong with the app, it's google's weather servers that are either slow updating their weather information and disseminating that information or just don't work well in my area. I live in San Antonio TX one of the ten largest cities in America, so there shouldn't be a reason why google has slightly inaccurate forecasts for the area, but they do. I think google keeps its weather servers on the back burner so to speak.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion, and developer I hope you can add another weather service source and some more animations. Thanks and i'll continue to support your apps.

rod

Reaction score
I hear ya about LA weather, but LA County is a BIG place. Lots of micro-climate areas. I wish the widget included wind forecast. Would save a few wasted days on the golf course.
needs fire updates too : )

imagine our homescreens, fire and smoke everywere lol

i started to think what he could do about south louisiana, and then i got it! make the screen look like its underwater! and then there could be some looters float by, stealing my apps! oh the possibilities...

cybrwulf

Reaction score
If only this widget was centered or positioned correctly on the Moto Droid.... way too close to the notification bar at the top. Weather Widgets Donate gets the positioning right, but I would rather have this app... but it just doesn't look right...

Willyammer

Reaction score
I tried Home++ but I don't understand what the fuss is all about. It moves/hides my 12 home page apps and then I need to hunt for the App menu instead of hitting the large block on the "normal" layout.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It looks ok, but I already have a built in clock at the top of my screen, and I don't need to see the current weather 24/7. I just run the Weather Channel app when I want to check.

So other than taking up unnecessary screen space and using the battery, what purpose does this really serve?

DanielC

Reaction score
That's pretty self explanatory, ConqSoft. Look at the name of the app, Beautiful Widgets. If not for its functionality, its great appearance/ sense ui style is what many people are looking for to add to their non-HTC phones. You can always get a refund if you don't like it. :)

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Meh,

I bought it yesterday and for the price it's amused me more than enough. It looks very nice and if he adds some more weather functionality I will be happy. The flipclock that comes with Home ++ is nice but this one is beautiful.