Beautiful Widgets

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I'll try that with GPS off. Ha now it is right again! I'll keep it I wish there was better documentation. I would like to try the other options like clock sizes but I can't figure out how to get into the widget and change it. Preferences doesn't take me there or settings? Do I have to download different widgets? There were many Beautiful Widget choices after I purchased it for some reason....confused

There is really only a small and normal size for the same clock/weather widget (plus the settings widgets). I talked with the Dev the other day and he is working on adding different skin options to the clock/weather widgets. I hope he concentrates on the erratic weather issues instead. BUT as usual he says it is a "Google Weather " issue as the weather feed is directly from them.. YET when I got to weather on my Google home page it is always dead on.. go figure.

paulmac

Reaction score
I would hold off for a while. Wheen I first got it a few weeks ago it was fantastic, but after the last few "updates" it was become totally flacky with weather reports, so bad that it is now usless for accurate weather. One minute it says it is 18 degress outside (accurate) then later it says 60 degrees.. The animations are off the hook, BUT the weather is currently a joke.

Yeah I have had issues with it of late too with this app. I have now made it my secondary weather app meaning it is not on my main screen but on one of the other desktops. Things I would like to see regarding updates for this app. Quicker update time, think shortest you can go is an hour. Severe weather alerts (how cool would it be if the widget turned red for an alert) and a link from the animation page to a weather map. It is a "pretty app" but needs to perform too. If I wanted pretty I would get an i-phone.

ummm, you can pretty much ignore this, I was using flip clock which is kind of a beutiful widget knock off. Now that I have the correct widget installed I will see how it goes. :wacko:

J.P.

Reaction score
Im surprised HTC doesnt sick their lawyers on the creator. He basically knocked off HTC's widget and is charging for it..

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Im surprised HTC doesnt sick their lawyers on the creator. He basically knocked off HTC's widget and is charging for it..

The knock off list would be long.. search Sense or HTC in the Market.

One thing I like better about BW weather clock than the actual HTC sense version is when you touch weather it just comes up to a transparent weather animation forcast and when you touch it, it disappears.. On the HTC it comes up as a full page weather "app" and you have to back button or home page to get rid of it. At least that is how my wife's Eris does it.

Dream

Reaction score
I just downloaded it to replace the weather clock donate app and I like it MUCH better so far. Well worth the $1 and im sure he will update to fix the current issues.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have been on with the App developer all morning. To get accurate weather information right this minute. Change from geo to adding your city or zip code. They know there is a prblem with geo and are working hard on fixit it. Also there is atleast an update today that sort of help. Turn GEO off for now and it will read correctly

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Ok guys I have been on with the App developer all morning. To get accurate weather information right this minute. Change from geo to adding your city or zip code. They know there is a prblem with geo and are working hard on fixit it. Also there is atleast an update today that sort of help. Turn GEO off for now and it will read correctly

I like Mods that do more than just keep everyone "in line" :)

Of all the forums I have been a part of (and even sponsor) for the past 12 years or so, this is the most "proactive" group I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of!

KUDOS, and THANKS!!

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I like Mods that do more than just keep everyone "in line" :)

Of all the forums I have been a part of (and even sponsor) for the past 12 years or so, this is the most "proactive" group I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of!

KUDOS, and THANKS!!

Thanks we really try hard behind the scenes. This is a great app. I bought it twice. Once for me and once for my GF's new Droid. I'll update this thread when I hear back as to a fix and when.

longboat

Reaction score
Great mine is good now. Thanks. I really love this app the more I play with it!! Setting my refresh rate to 30min helped too.Money well worth it IMO!!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
When NOT using Geo location, if you still want your "City name" to display on the widget instead of just your zip code, use format "City,State"(instead of zip code) and it seems to still work properly and displays the city name instead of just the zip on the widget.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a new update available now(adds debugging for Geo issue).. that was fast :)

Yea that may be what i'm using already, but It's still al little of.. In the market it doesn't show me an update right now

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When NOT using Geo location, if you still want your "City name" to display on the widget instead of just your zip code, use format "City,State"(instead of zip code) and it seems to still work properly and displays the city name instead of just the zip on the widget.

You are absolutly correct. I forgot to mention that. I'm watching this app closely for its fixes. It's holding with that format also :)

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
I agree with the folks with weather issues...mine's been all over the place. It's 19 degrees ans snowing, refresh it and it's 51 and sunny, refresh again and it's 31 and foggy.

Need to get that working.

backlash

Reaction score
^^^
Are you using Geo, or using the city state for your location?

Trying using City, State.