Beautiful Widgets

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. It's worth the couple bucks. the time is spot on... the weather is accurate for me (i have it set to update every 30 mins) and it just looks cool

i'm using home++ as well

Terra

Reaction score
For those in doubt check this out (hey it rhymes, oh well) Seriously its awesome!

[video=youtube;9zvev8mjV9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvev8mjV9A[/video]

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I paid for it - first app I've paid for. I'm a little underwhelmed. The most impressive part is when you animate the weather but how often do you do that?

The clock doesn't flip like the one on Home ++.

The only other widget that's useful is the wi-fi and it's just a little better.

I guess I can only expect so much for around a buck.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I would hold off for a while. Wheen I first got it a few weeks ago it was fantastic, but after the last few "updates" it was become totally flacky with weather reports, so bad that it is now usless for accurate weather. One minute it says it is 18 degress outside (accurate) then later it says 60 degrees.. The animations are off the hook, BUT the weather is currently a joke.

longboat

Reaction score
I would hold off for a while. Wheen I first got it a few weeks ago it was fantastic, but after the last few "updates" it was become totally flacky with weather reports, so bad that it is now usless for accurate weather. One minute it says it is 18 degress outside (accurate) then later it says 60 degrees.. The animations are off the hook, BUT the weather is currently a joke.

I just bought it last night and it worked great, but this morning it was correct and now it says it is 60 degrees and it is really 33! I have GPS enabled too.May return it till it is fixed, but I love it.
How do I get into options to animate and try the different sizes?
:mad:

paulmac

Reaction score

Yeah I have had issues with it of late too with this app. I have now made it my secondary weather app meaning it is not on my main screen but on one of the other desktops. Things I would like to see regarding updates for this app. Quicker update time, think shortest you can go is an hour. Severe weather alerts (how cool would it be if the widget turned red for an alert) and a link from the animation page to a weather map. It is a "pretty app" but needs to perform too. If I wanted pretty I would get an i-phone.

zegolf

Reaction score

I just bought it last night and it worked great, but this morning it was correct and now it says it is 60 degrees and it is really 33! I have GPS enabled too.May return it till it is fixed, but I love it.
How do I get into options to animate and try the different sizes?
:mad:

You can return apps?

paulmac

Reaction score
For those in doubt check this out (hey it rhymes, oh well) Seriously its awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvev8mjV9A

Great animations, they appear to be from a droid, while I have animations for this app, they don't look anything like that. Wonder why????

Figued it out, I had 2 apps that kind of look the same. Flip clock with is a beutiful widget knock off. Now that I have the correct widget running I will see what happens.

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Even if i dont have a credit card, i WISH for a possibility to buy beautiful widgets....its really worth the bucks, i even can tell from all the screenshots i saw!

Ive read several threads where you say you dont have a CC. Can you not get a prepaid debit card and use that?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you uncheck Geo, the weather seems more accurate for the ziip code , but it no loner displays your city/state, just the zip code numbers.

Concerning "seeing" animation you have to wait for the actual weather to see them OR with geo off you can pick a zip code where for example it is snowing and see the cool animation as the snow piles up on the bottom of your screen :)

longboat

Reaction score
I'll try that with GPS off. Ha now it is right again! I'll keep it I wish there was better documentation. I would like to try the other options like clock sizes but I can't figure out how to get into the widget and change it. Preferences doesn't take me there or settings? Do I have to download different widgets? There were many Beautiful Widget choices after I purchased it for some reason....confused