Beautiful Widgets - "Sunny"

Reaction score
I love BW and what it adds to my home screen, I just wonder if others have this same issue. I believe once it passed the sunset time, it used to read "clear" if there were no clouds in the sky at night. For whatever reason, now it chooses to read "sunny", as it is currently at 1:48 AM local time. It's really no more than a minor annoyance, but I just wanted to see if it happened to others as well.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
It's 5:12 AM where I am right now and BW reads "clear" as expected, with a picture of the moon. My only thought on why yours is stuck on "sunny" is that maybe a task killer is killing off the BW update service? Do you use a task killer? If so, make sure to exclude BW from being killed.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
5:32am and it is slightly clouds, dark, no moon.

You could try going into the weather screen where you can click the menukey then click refresh. That will let you know if its a refresh issue or if the sun never sets on you;)

OP
D
Reaction score
To answer the questions, I don't use any form of task killer, and I have it set for hourly refresh but I do refresh manually when I see "sunny" displayed as the text. It stays.

The icon, however, is correct. At the time of the sunset it swaps over to the moon, but the text still reads "sunny."

It's always sunny in Milwaukee, I guess. :)

Maybe I'll try clearing cache or uninstalling and reinstalling if I'm bored someday.

Reaction score
yeah id uninstall and reinstall

i wonder what happens to people like in Alaska that have 22 hours of sunlight and such. Does it show sunny for them @ 2am when it is actually Sunny? lol

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Its not a problem with BW specifically, it is a problem with where BW gets its weather information. My BW currently says its foggy and has said so for the last 24 hours (we very rarely ever get fog where I am)

A quick look at the weather widget on my igoogle page shows the same thing.

Google's weather information is messed up, and thats where BW pulls its information from. The developer for BW has stated he is looking into getting the weather info from another source as this is the second time in the last month this has started happening.

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
Indeed, and I am adding that new source right now :) I am working very hard to get the update coming, I already coded the city search, then I need to gather the data, and finally display them!

Trying to do my best to have it working asap, but without bugs hopefully!

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Indeed, and I am adding that new source right now :) I am working very hard to get the update coming, I already coded the city search, then I need to gather the data, and finally display them!

Thanks for working on it so hard. Nothing bugs me more than looking at my phone and seeing its 88*F outside when in reality its 105. :)

I'm anxiously waiting for your update because I love my beautiful widgets! Home screen just doesn't look right with out.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We appreciate you coming onboard and telling us (in person no less) what you're working on. Love your apps and love the support.

OP
D
Reaction score

Didn't expect a dev response in this petty little thread of mine. :)

Love BW, and thanks for the hard work and updates!!

efffin mat

Reaction score
i thought i was the only one with this problem.

i was freaking out cos i killed the widget, didn't help, uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same.

it has not been 75 and raining for the last three days, it's nothing but sun and face-melting 100+ degree weather.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine shows it being sunny outside, at 10:00 pm. I guarantee you it isn't sunny around here at 10:00 pm.

I did notice though that when I did a reboot after switching batteries that the moon finally came out. :)

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
Well i feel better i am not the only one, currently quarter to 9 pm and the moon has been out since a bit after 7, yet says sunny, refresh manually, no task killer just installed autokiller but am using only a moderate preset, besides this problem has been occurring prior to the autokiller install

Troops2990

Reaction score
Go into the settings and see what it says under "sunset" or "dust" or something to that effect, it will give you a couple different options (actual, astronomical, ect) if you change them around, it will affect when the moon/sun appear. I have mine on "actual" and it works perfect.