Beautiful Widgets slow?

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

I finally upgraded mine, and my wife's mobile plans as well as phones yesterday. She went the route of a HTC Incredible, and I purchased the DROID 2. I really dig the clock widget that comes stock on the Incredible. After doing some research, it looks as if the Beautiful Widgets widget would do what I want.

Long story short, I downloaded it, but the widget is slow to respond when tapping on the clock/date/weather portions of the app.

Anyone have the same issues?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine pops things right up...there is a delay when tapping on the sun/moon for weather, but since it has to go look that up it makes sense...

Tapping the date for calendar or the time for alarm clock is quite fast.

- Weather: Starts displaying almost immediately fully displayed at just under 2s
- Calendar: Immediate
- Alarm: Immediate

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Bummer.

I have nearly the opposite as you.

- Weather: Near immediate.
- Calender: Does not respond all the time.
- Alarm: Does not respond all the time.

I have found that I need to press, and hold the widget for a while in order to get the haptic feedback. Once that happens, I let go, and am able to access the Alarm & Calender.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My experience is very similar to Redflea's. My only issue -- I turn my phone off at night. When I first boot each morning it takes several minutes to get the temp. Interestingly, the stock weather and news app responds within seconds of booting.

Mike

droidphreak

Reaction score
Try pointing the weather to a different service. I think it comes pointing at accuweather. Try the google one or vis versa.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bummer.

I have found that I need to press, and hold the widget for a while in order to get the haptic feedback. Once that happens, I let go, and am able to access the Alarm & Calender.

I'd uninstall and reinstall the app...what's happening w/you is not normal...been using Beautiful Widgets since last year when I got my D1, and haven't had any issues w/Calendar and Alarm coming up. You might also check the Beautiful Widgets settings - maybe changing the settings for the Time and Date taps and then setting it back might help.

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Im using weather and toggle widgets and I love it...very user friendly and easy on the battery.

I've decided to give the Weather & Toggle widgets a try for the day. My only gripe with it is that it doesn't have a calender tap option like Beautiful Widgets.

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Bummer.

I'd uninstall and reinstall the app...what's happening w/you is not normal...been using Beautiful Widgets since last year when I got my D1, and haven't had any issues w/Calendar and Alarm coming up. You might also check the Beautiful Widgets settings - maybe changing the settings for the Time and Date taps and then setting it back might help.

Will definitely try that tomorrow! Since Beautiful Widgets is a purchased item, will I need to repurchase for the reinstall?

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
By the way, thanks to everyone for the hints/tips.

thetexan525

Reaction score
Bummer.

Will definitely try that tomorrow! Since Beautiful Widgets is a purchased item, will I need to repurchase for the reinstall?

No. your google account knows that you purchased it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk