1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Beautiful Widgets RC2

Discussion in 'Koush' started by jt.02, Jul 25, 2010.

1. jt.02

jt.02 New Member

Anyone having issues with the widget clock updating?
  2. antron007

antron007 New Member

Its just something that happens from time to time. It doesn't matter if You're rooted or not or what home/launcher you use. Its typical of any computer to have bugs. I say that because fones are basically computers anymore.

You can try removing then re-adding the wiget or just reboot the phone. That should take care of it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Zac7

Zac7 New Member

I have only had an issue since using cm6 rc2. It will every now and then say problem loading widget. This use to happen when switching from landscape to portrait, but its doing it without even switching.
  4. validoption

validoption New Member

It's not CM-specific. I have had this issue on many different ROMs, as well as with ADW and LauncherPro. It just seems to crop up from time to time and then it goes back to normal. I believe it has something to do with the servers from which BW gets its info.
  5. jt.02

jt.02 New Member

Ok After giving this issue a few days this is what happens. First I have never had a problem with the clock updating until CM6 RC2. It is almost like the android system is killing BW when needed. I say this BC with light use I never have a problem. Now with heavy multi-tasking or extended web surfing I go back to the home screen and the clock no longer works on the widget. Even if I delete and re-install the widget it updates to the correct time but thats it....it sticks again. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Then it works fine until heavy use again. I have tried fixing permissions. I love this ROM and this is not a deal breaker for me! But I would like to get this fixed!

BTW this is why quit using "weather widget" I hate to see BW having the same problems.. :/
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  6. mightybrick

mightybrick New Member

I've been having trouble with the weather info not updating for the last few days. I think that is more an issue with google's servers, though.
  7. jt.02

jt.02 New Member

Yeah I have had that problem in the past....I know BW has to download info for the weather from some server. In airplane mode the weather never updates but the time should keep up with the internal clock of the phone.
  8. bassman1547

bassman1547 New Member

My Weather won't update. Clocks fine (BB 0.4). Strange though, On my computer Google Home page, the weather is not updating either. Hmm.
  9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

From BW Dev...

Another User asked the developer about the issue of the weather and temperature not updating. Here is their response:

10. bassman1547

bassman1547 New Member

thanks backnblack!
  11. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Im hoping his new source for the feed has additional info like heat index and such that he can add to the widget. That would be sweet as all get out!
Search tags for this page

beautiful widgets disable alert

beautiful widgets turn off alert

disable beautiful widgets notifications

turn off weaher alerts in beautiful widgets

turn off weather notifications in beautiful widgets