beautiful Widgets questions

hydro556

Reaction score
I just got my first application that wasnt free. I bought Beautiful Widgets because everyone says it is a must have.

I am trying to find a tutorial or manual for what all it can do. Can anyone point one out for me?

My first question is how to get the weather to display for my location. In my settings, I have put my location in (Wright City, MO), but it is displaying weather for "North Elkhorn" for some reason. Anybody know why?

Twoo

Reaction score
I guess you don't like toying with programs you buy, eh?

With the beautiful widgets open, touch the widget- a screen will open with the weather forecast, select the tools icon. Then select geo-catching... toy with the other settings too to your hearts content.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I guess you don't like toying with programs you buy, eh?

With the beautiful widgets open, touch the widget- a screen will open with the weather forecast, select the tools icon. Then select geo-catching... toy with the other settings too to your hearts content.

I do rather enjoy toying with them, but I am not having much luck getting this corrected.

Following your directions, when I get the tools open, I dont see anything about Geo-Caching, I do see "Geolocation" and it IS selected. Is that what you are referring to?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I set Wright City as my "back up" location and then turned off the Geolocation.

It then reverts to Wright City. I dont think this is the way it is supposed to be set up, is it?

Bottom line, at least I have it on Wright City now.

Zac7

Reaction score
I just got my first application that wasnt free. I bought Beautiful Widgets because everyone says it is a must have.

I am trying to find a tutorial or manual for what all it can do. Can anyone point one out for me?

My first question is how to get the weather to display for my location. In my settings, I have put my location in (Wright City, MO), but it is displaying weather for "North Elkhorn" for some reason. Anybody know why?
Instead of writing out the city put in your zip code that's what I did and made sure the geolocation is on. If for some reason your gps isn't working when it updates it will go to the zip code you have entered.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score

Instead of writing out the city put in your zip code that's what I did and made sure the geolocation is on. If for some reason your gps isn't working when it updates it will go to the zip code you have entered.

This is what I did as well. :icon_ banana:

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Something is not set just right. When I reactivate the "Geolocation" setting, it reverts "North Elkhorn". I have the backup set as my actual zip code, but for whatever reason the Droid thinks I am in North Elkhorn. I am going to mess with my GPS and see if I can get it squared away.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I checked my maps, and it is showing my current location as my house, as it should.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Some home screen weather apps are designed to not be battery pigs by waiting how ever long it takes to get a GPS fix. They'll just fail over to coarse location from the tower you're on. I use WeatherBug Elite, and it gives the GPS about 5 seconds to get a fine location fix before it shuts off the GPS and just grabs coarse location.

If I open WeatherBug, it'll churn the GPS as long as it needs to get fine location as long as I have the app open.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
you need to turn off geolocation and just put in Wright City. That way it will default to Wright City first.

No need for geolocation.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score

It then reverts to Wright City. I dont think this is the way it is supposed to be set up, is it?

Cereal Killer, That is what I had to do earlier, to make it work. Obviously, that is not how it is deigned to run, but it gets the job done.

I agree with the guys who think it is the GPS not updating in a timely fashion, but am stumped as to why it would choose North Elkhorn as my location. I have never even been there.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Cereal Killer, That is what I had to do earlier, to make it work. Obviously, that is not how it is deigned to run, but it gets the job done.

I agree with the guys who think it is the GPS not updating in a timely fashion, but am stumped as to why it would choose North Elkhorn as my location. I have never even been there.
Since I've had BW I've used this setting.

The time and weather updates perfectly.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Which weather widget is on the Eris? And whats better beautiful weather or weather donate

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which weather widget is on the Eris? And whats better beautiful weather or weather donate
Errr the weather widget in the Eris is HTC sense UI made by HTC for HTC sense UI. Weather widgets donate, and beautiful widgets based their widgets on HTC's sense widget so that poor saps that don't have an HTC sense UI phone can have something that looks like it.

I have weather widgets donate, I only like it cause you can install custom skins. Otherwise I think they're pretty identical. Beautiful widgets does give more widget size options though and handles landscape mode better.

Jansan

Reaction score
I have some questions about Beautiful Widgets. Do you have to leave those Bluetooth, Vibrate, Wifi, Airplane, etc. icons there, or can you just have the clock with weather? Also, does the clock actually flip? One more question is if someone can post a screenshot of their Droid with Beautiful Widgets, and none of the management icons.
Thanks very much.