Beautiful Widgets issue

metzor

Reaction score
So I finally broke down and bought this, and it was worth it and is a great looking app. But now I've had it a couple days, and today I noticed that the app was not updating the weather or my location as it had been previously. When I uncheck the "geolocation", it defaults to another location I entered manually, and then it works. But using geolocation does not update it. I also tried checking the use gps for location option, but to no avail. I then uninstalled the application and re-downloaded it, same problem. Even doing a manual refresh from inside the app doesn't update it when that geolocation option is checked.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have weatherbug also and that updates everything just fine, so I don't think it's my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Riley

Reaction score
Mines been doing the exact same thing. I've tried all the things you have done too with no luck. I've had BW a while now and this only started happening after one of the last two updates I think.

stevehy

Reaction score
Make sure you are on the latest version as this was a problem with one of the updates that was resolved the next day with a hotfix. You probably don’t have the latest version which I believe is 2.99

Riley

Reaction score
Make sure you are on the latest version as this was a problem with one of the updates that was resolved the next day with a hotfix. You probably don’t have the latest version which I believe is 2.99

Actually mine is 2.99. It updated this AM to that from 2.98 actually. I dunno what's going on. I always discard and replace the widget after updates too.

Riley

Reaction score
I just did a uninstall and reinstall again of the 2.99 version.....no luck.....I use Helix launcher, but that shouldn't effect I wouldn't think.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Try inputting your zip code and turning off Geolocation, then Save and Apply and see if it updates your weather and city. This will confirm if it is a weather server issue or a network location issue.

I do know BW's 3rdparty US DNS Server provider crashed yesterday and supposedly they have his DNS back up and running..but that can take a day or so to progagate thru the web.

Riley

Reaction score
Try inputting your zip code and turning off Geolocation, then Save and Apply and see if it updates your weather and city. This will confirm if it is a weather server issue or a network location issue.

Ok that worked.

SANhacker

Reaction score
By chance do you have any task killers running ?
I had problems with BW not updating due to my task killer. Just a thought.

Then again, if the DNS crashed, that is likely the problem. Funny though that mine continued to update yesterday. Time and Temp were both accurate.

Riley

Reaction score

Then again, if the DNS crashed, that is likely the problem. Funny though that mine continued to update yesterday. Time and Temp were both accurate.

Nope no task killers. I was getting some updates yesterday, but with GPS enabled....and that ran the BW battery usage up to 34%. So I shut that off and left geolocation on. But that wasn't working at all. But not enabling either right now is working based off my zipcode.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Nope no task killers. I was getting some updates yesterday, but with GPS enabled....and that ran the BW battery usage up to 34%. So I shut that off and left geolocation on. But that wasn't working at all. But not enabling either right now is working based off my zipcode.

Reduce your refresh settings, you must have them on 15 minutes for it to run that high...but I suspect BW wasn't the only app using the GPS to run it up that high. Unless you need minute by minute, or hour by hour weather refeshes, change the setting to 2 or 3 hours...it will reduce usage dramatically.

Riley

Reaction score

Reduce your refresh settings, you must have them on 15 minutes for it to run that high...but I suspect BW wasn't the only app using the GPS to run it up that high. Unless you need minute by minute, or hour by hour weather refeshes, change the setting to 2 or 3 hours...it will reduce usage dramatically.

I had it at 30 minutes....but I did just uninstall Weather Channel. That was also eatting at the GPS and was stuck on maps. LOL!

OP
metzor

metzor

Reaction score
This issue happened intermittently for me. It was fixed the day after I posted this thread, but then yesterday (or possibly the day before I'm not sure), it happened again. Its now working again. The idea that it was a dns server/network location issue seems to fit, since it worked when I manually put it in a zip code (and unchecked the geolocation option). Hopefully its fixed for good now.

Riley

Reaction score
Mines still not working with geolocation mode. Only setting a zipcode works.