Beautiful Widgets Free Today

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of Getjar before either, so I searched for it. On the device it is m.getjar.com - I already had purchased Beautiful Widgets a couple of years ago so didn't need it. But, the app is installed. I tried d/l a game and it said failed, so I tried again and this time it worked. It was a Battleship game. Then I went to download a Solitaire game and it redirected me to the regular Market. So, apparently they have a few freebies but most/many of their Market is redirects from their site to the Android market.

mandragora

Reaction score
I installed beautiful widgets and added the clock/weather widget and I ran through my extended battery very quickly. The phone was hot every time I took it out the holster. I thought it might be Screeble so I uninstalled that, but the battery kept draining. I still have it installed and am watching it today after a reboot but I think I already used 30% more power than I usually use.

anyone else seeing this?

Btw, I also have the widget on my lock screen with Widget Locker.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I installed beautiful widgets and added the clock/weather widget and I ran through my extended battery very quickly. The phone was hot every time I took it out the holster. I thought it might be Screeble so I uninstalled that, but the battery kept draining. I still have it installed and am watching it today after a reboot but I think I already used 30% more power than I usually use.

anyone else seeing this?

Btw, I also have the widget on my lock screen with Widget Locker.

I haven't used beautiful widjets yet, but screebl did it to me and kept popping up with a message that this app is draining your battery so I uninstalled screebl.

mandragora

Reaction score
I haven't used beautiful widjets yet, but screebl did it to me and kept popping up with a message that this app is draining your battery so I uninstalled screebl.

I uninstalled Screeble. (But I was running it with no problems (except for battery saying it was using all of the power :) ) But the phone kept draining. I am checking this morning without screebl but in 2 hrs I am already down 13% with the extended battery. I am usually still in the 90s after 3 hrs with the extended battery so I think something is wrong. What really bothers me though is it does not show up as using any battery.

On my OG Droid I once tried fancy widgets and I used to have the same problem until I installed it.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I downloaded this ,BW, and I noticed my battery draining FAR faster than usual...100% to 60% in 2 hours..:icon_evil:

lykofos

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this, downloaded it yesterday.

Saw some others commenting about having battery life problems with this. I haven't noticed a change in mine. However, I've only been using the toggle button widgets for airplane mode, wifi, silent mode, and bluetooth (much better looking than stock) not the clock or weather widgets (have weatherbug elite for that).

mandragora

Reaction score
OK. I ran a test today.

In my normal usage on the extended battery I Used 17% in the first 4 hrs today. When I turned on the Clock/Weather Widget, over 2 hrs I Used 16%. So with the widget enabled, I am burning through battery twice as fast. I have updates set to every hr so I can't understand why this is happening.

Natey2

Reaction score
I stop the GetJar app, and it keeps restarting itself after a while... Any way to keep it from launching, besides uninstalling it?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Freeze it. I actually downloaded it via GetJar, then uninstalled GetJar. Then I backed up BW and then uninstalled it as well, since I have the sense weather widget anyways.