Beautiful Widgets = Beautiful Battery Killer?

poooookah78

Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased BW about a week ago and have loved it ever since. I use Beautiful Home and the silence widget as well. For a while now, I've noticed my battery life seriously lacking while on. I checked my battery usage and BW was in at 64% over display at only 20 %. I usually see display at 80% so this must REALLY drain the battery, right? Any other experiences with this. I've deleted the widget from my home screen but don't know what to do. I love the app and I'd hate to not use something like this (especially after paying for it). Anyone?

Thanks as always!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BW does run all the time as opposed to the screen which of course only runs when on.
I've been using it for a while now and have not noticed any decrease in battery life.

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
BW does run all the time as opposed to the screen which of course only runs when on.
I've been using it for a while now and have not noticed any decrease in battery life.

grrr.... I was hoping you'd have a miracle cure :p j/k. Well, I'm overclocked at usually 800 so I'm sure that pulls it down as well, but I just don't know, I mean this thing REALLY drained fast yesterday. Went from 60-30% in like 30 minutes just playing pandora with no screen on.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OC'd here at 1Ghz....Still get a good 8 hours before I need a charge.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it hasn't used my battery excessively either. Maybe there is something else working that's causing your drain

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Man,

I feel privelaged. Of the quick responses that I got, they were all Admins or Mods... This forum kinda rocks.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I'm not having any problems with BW at all. In fact I'm getting 40+ hours per charge. I'm not rooted/OC'd or anything, but even with regular browsing etc, I'm getting over a day easily.

For instance, unplugged phone ~7:15am Last night plugged phone in ~midnight Phone was still @ 60% saying it had another 20 hours in it. I was even using wifi yesterday, which normally I don't bother with, but even w/ wifi etc it was good. The biggest battery saver I found was putting brightness to 0%.

Phone idle 29%
Display 27%
Cell standby 23% (I work in an office with almost no signal so almost constantly searching for it)
Android system 7%
Android OS 4%
Beautiful Widgets 4%

So for me it's higher on the list than maybe you'd like to see it, but it's not a killer for me. Maybe uninstall and re-install?

gwol

Reaction score
I had the same issue with BW. The way I got around this was to not use the GEO Location, from the settings window, so it would not try to use GPS everytime it updates. I only trun on the GPS location setting when out on the road somewhere. What was happening was that when it would update every x number of minutes, it would trun on GPS and it would keep trying to find location with GPS and would not stop untill it got a good GPS signal. This just killed my battery life. After changing to not use GPS all is good, and never gets more than 2% of battery usage. Hope this helps.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
Just check your battery usage status. For me Beautiful Widgets only uses 2-3% of my battery at the end of the day and I keep my GPS on all day for all of my apps and have BW set to use it.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I had the same issue with BW. The way I got around this was to not use the GEO Location, from the settings window, so it would not try to use GPS everytime it updates. I only trun on the GPS location setting when out on the road somewhere. What was happening was that when it would update every x number of minutes, it would trun on GPS and it would keep trying to find location with GPS and would not stop untill it got a good GPS signal. This just killed my battery life. After changing to not use GPS all is good, and never gets more than 2% of battery usage. Hope this helps.
Good call there, I did that from the start, didn't even think about turning on GPS updates figured it'd just be a lot easier especially since I work in an office where it can't get GPS signal anyway. I bet that's a big difference right there.

raven1911

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as the OP here. My battery life is just horrible. I even did a hard reset of everything and removed all apps. It seems some days I have good battery life and other days it just sucks. I can't figure out this phone in regards to the battery life. I have resorted to just carrying my charging cord with me and plug it in when I can.

Regarding all this GPS stuff and finding a signal and all. Is there an app that would automatically shutdown the phone from trying to find a signal and sucking all your battery life? Seems to me, for how smart this phone is, seems pretty dumb to continually look for a signal for hours on end and suck the life out of the phone itself.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
The phone isn't smart. It's only as smart as what you tell it to do, so if you tell it to keep itself linked to GPS than it will. You could buy Locale and setup an event for when your battery reaches X% shut off GPS, or just just monitor phone periodically to see if the GPS icon is searching.

I keep it on all day and my battery life is great. I use my phone heavily throughout the day and still have yet to have it die on me before I go to bed. I plug it in at night around 15-20% battery after roughly 14 hours of usage with the GPS on all day.

DeadRinga

Reaction score
The phone isn't smart. It's only as smart as what you tell it to do, so if you tell it to keep itself linked to GPS than it will. You could buy Locale and setup an event for when your battery reaches X% shut off GPS, or just just monitor phone periodically to see if the GPS icon is searching.

I keep it on all day and my battery life is great. I use my phone heavily throughout the day and still have yet to have it die on me before I go to bed. I plug it in at night around 15-20% battery after roughly 14 hours of usage with the GPS on all day.

I've tried to use Locale... but it completely crashes my phone.