Beautiful Widget Skin Download - Doesn't Work!

billyk

Reaction score
I've been a BW user since yesterday. I really like it.

Today I tried to browse and download skins. I chose the "Skin" function, selected "Download", selected two skins which downloaded (I recall being asked if it's OK to download to the SD card) and all seemed well.

Then I went to choose a skin. Here's what I found:
- There are no downloaded skins available in the list
- When I try to download them again, BW tries to load the list of skins off the server, it processes for about 30 seconds and then the "Loading..." message goes away and there is no list.

I dumped cash for the Download and Market apps, and then restarted. No dice. Any ideas?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Geez, I just went to the LevelUp Studio site to, developers of Beautiful Widgets, to let them know that I found a glitch in their app and their entire site is down.

I might have found the answer if they host their files off of that site.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have twitter? I've found that to be the best way to ask questions and get answers. His twitter account is levelupstudio if you're interested.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Not a Twitter user, but thanks for the heads-up.

I'll just wait until the site is back up. The SQL error is "too many connections". So, I'd guess that it'll be back up soon.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was an update to BW today. There is now a slider to determine the transparency of the background. Evidently you can now make any skin naked if you want to. While that may not be the surprise, it is different.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There was an update to BW today. There is now a slider to determine the transparency of the background. Evidently you can now make any skin naked if you want to. While that may not be the surprise, it is different.

And much appreciated.