Beautiful widget question....

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harleyrk99
I purchased beautiful widget for my DroidX and it works beautifully, I then purchased it for my wife's moto droid, it wouldn't install, I tried numerous times. I ended up refunding it. I waited a couple of days and tried again, it says purchased but won't install. I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, etc... but still will not install and because I have refunded once they will not allow me to refund again.
Any ideas?

Is it stuck on "authenticating"? When I ordered BW it stayed like that for a day or so, but eventually downloaded. Others have reported similar problems. It should download and install eventually.

No, it says purchased, but if I click on it it goes to install, I click on install and it goes through the screens but keeps saying download unsuccessful. I'll give it a couple of days and see if it eventually installs. Thank you for your reply.

Try pulling the battery for a minute. That fixes some strange issues. Good luck!

harleyrk99

Reaction score
I purchased beautiful widget for my DroidX and it works beautifully, I then purchased it for my wife's moto droid, it wouldn't install, I tried numerous times. I ended up refunding it. I waited a couple of days and tried again, it says purchased but won't install. I tried clearing the cache, rebooting, etc... but still will not install and because I have refunded once they will not allow me to refund again.
Any ideas?

Is it stuck on "authenticating"? When I ordered BW it stayed like that for a day or so, but eventually downloaded. Others have reported similar problems. It should download and install eventually.

No, it says purchased, but if I click on it it goes to install, I click on install and it goes through the screens but keeps saying download unsuccessful. I'll give it a couple of days and see if it eventually installs. Thank you for your reply.

Try pulling the battery for a minute. That fixes some strange issues. Good luck!

I pulled the battery for about 15 min, rebooted, still same same. It still reads purchased but it won't download or install.
Thank you for your help. I do appreciate the advice. It makes no sense, it seems I can install anything else, I can even do all the updates, but this one purchase just doesn't seem to want to work over here. I would love to put the blame, but don't know who to put it on, phone, market, developer, very frustrating.

Last edited:

harleyrk99

Reaction score
Ok, wierd, I downloaded a different widget, Android Apps - Weather & Toggle Widget, when it installed, beautiful widget installed also. Go figure.....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Another User asked the developer about the issue of the weather and temperature not updating. Here is their response:

Hello,
Actually I am using Google as a weather provider which is not reliable recently. But I have good news. I now have an agreement with a professional weather feed and will use it. I am working on coding the new feed right now!"

Also, you can run this app and the Weather Channel app at the same time. I choose to turn off the BW temp notification in the notification bar but keep the Weather Channel temp notification on because it will turn red if there are any weather alerts. The Weather Channel app is good for real time radar (by choosing to map your location and then hitting the Play button). I link the three day BW forecast to the WC app in the BW options.