beautiful live weather

emprize

Reaction score
anyone use this live wallpaper? in the market it says the wallpaper will change depends on the weather, but after i install the beautiful widget, the wallpaper still the same, wont change like the weather, anyone use this too?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone use this live wallpaper? in the market it says the wallpaper will change depends on the weather, but after i install the beautiful widget, the wallpaper still the same, wont change like the weather, anyone use this too?

I gave it a try. When I used it the day was bright and sunny and the sun did move according to the time of day, but I just didn't like the blades of grass thing. I preferred my "water" live wallpaper.

Also after I changed back to my old wallpaper every time I pressed on the home screen the message would come up for installing BW live wallpaper so I uninstalled it.

diverbelow

Reaction score

I had it installed on the other ROM I was using. I noticed the same thing, but when I pressed on the weather on the beautiful live widget -> configure -> save & apply is when the background changed. It was pretty cool. Where I was at it was raining, so the beautiful live wallpaper was raining.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I had it installed on the other ROM I was using. I noticed the same thing, but when I pressed on the weather on the beautiful live widget -> configure -> save & apply is when the background changed. It was pretty cool. Where I was at it was raining, so the beautiful live wallpaper was raining.

That's another thing when I pressed on it nothing happened. I thought a forecast was suppose to come up.

Beardface

Reaction score

I've actually been using it since Friday and I love it. Just make sure you uncheck 'CPU Hog' and it uses about as much CPU power as a regular non-live wallpaper. You can also now turn off the blades of grass effect if you're not into that. Really speeds it up.

Woke up this morning to my phone flashing because of a nearby thunderstorm. Pretty neat.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have it and like it. If I didn't have it, though, I probably wouldn't mind. When it first came out not everyone (including me) could see it in the Market.

If you do install it, there is a weather skin called "None" which drops the weather picture on Beautiful Widgets itself. That way you don't have 2 suns. :)

rkeller62

Reaction score

For the weather to change you need to purchase Beautiful Widgets from the market as the lwp description clearly states.

OP
E

emprize

Reaction score

I've actually been using it since Friday and I love it. Just make sure you uncheck 'CPU Hog' and it uses about as much CPU power as a regular non-live wallpaper. You can also now turn off the blades of grass effect if you're not into that. Really speeds it up.

Woke up this morning to my phone flashing because of a nearby thunderstorm. Pretty neat.
i already tried set the config and set the wallpaper again, but still just the sun without weather, why>

rkeller62

Reaction score
I've actually been using it since Friday and I love it. Just make sure you uncheck 'CPU Hog' and it uses about as much CPU power as a regular non-liv
i already tried set the config and set the wallpaper again, but still just the sun without weather, why>

If you go into the lwp config does it have a line that says 'Unlocked'? If not, you either don't have BW installed or the lwp did not link to it for some reason.

OP
E

emprize

Reaction score
I've actually been using it since Friday and I love it. Just make sure you uncheck 'CPU Hog' and it uses about as much CPU power as a regular non-liv
If you go into the lwp config does it have a line that says 'Unlocked'? If not, you either don't have BW installed or the lwp did not link to it for some reason.
it says unlocked

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

It depends on where you live. I live in SoCal so I normally see just the sun. Right now it's cloudy and BW is saying cloudy. BWLP is also showing just clouds.

Big Cam

Reaction score

I gave it a try. When I used it the day was bright and sunny and the sun did move according to the time of day, but I just didn't like the blades of grass thing. I preferred my "water" live wallpaper.

Also after I changed back to my old wallpaper every time I pressed on the home screen the message would come up for installing BW live wallpaper so I uninstalled it.
There is an option to take the grass off the screen you know. It's in settings.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Go in and uncheck the box that says tap the screen to update the weather. Then after you've closed and re-opened the settings, check the box. It will work properly then.

Also, to get it to show the current weather for the first time, I usually go in and manually refresh my weather in Beautiful Widgets. This syncs the wallpaper.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I love it...
its raining and storming here...
No issues..went with TAMA's reco...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS
Using the grass on ADW and LP..
The lightning is off the hook. The Fog leaves a bit to be desired..its like a mini cloud hovering over the grass..no animation to that...
but the lightning is sweet and so is the clouds..
No issues with FCs on either launcher...
disabling the grass does help smooth it out...

OP
E

emprize

Reaction score
Go in and uncheck the box that says tap the screen to update the weather. Then after you've closed and re-opened the settings, check the box. It will work properly then.

Also, to get it to show the current weather for the first time, I usually go in and manually refresh my weather in Beautiful Widgets. This syncs the wallpaper.
er.....still cant...