1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Beaut. widgets not refreshing?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by polack, Jan 14, 2011.

1. polack

polack Member

Can anyone let me know of a fix for this problem? My beautiful widgets smaller home widget worked perfectly prior to bb6.2.1 after the first night i noticed a problem. at night i put my phone on my cradle to charge overnight and to act as my alarm clock. every morning since installing bb i pick my phone up off the cradle and it comes back to life. everything pops back up like it's supposed to. even beaut. widgets shows everything perfectly. the problem is the widget never refreshes after that. if i pull the phone off the cradle at 5 am. the widget will always show 5 am throughout the day. i tried removing the widget and nothing happened. i tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling with no fix. anyone have any idea? Oh yeah, and the only way i can fix it currently is to reboot my phone every am. then it works.
  2. speakercode

speakercode New Member

You say you have the cradle/dock? Are you by chance also using LauncherPro? If you are, you might notice that NO widget will update - bw or power or anything. You have to restart LP and then things are fine.

I have definitely noticed this when docking my droid. I keep meaning to research it further but it's more of a minor annoyance than anything else.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. fdkatz

fdkatz New Member

Yes, I have had this problem for some time. My remedy has been to reboot. Lately, I have exited from the night clock before taking the phone off the cradle and that seems to have worked also. I will try relaunching Launcher Pro next.
  4. speakercode

speakercode New Member

yes, just re-start launcherpro and you should be fine. really sucks and it must be a bug w/LP in relation to the cradle, go figure. But yeah, you shouldn't have to reboot every time.
  5. polack

polack Member

Good deal. thanks. i'll give that a try tomorrow. thanks again.
  6. Game4set

Game4set New Member

I'm pretty sure you don't have to restart your phone or even LauncherPro. All you have to do when BW frezzes is go on the home screen and then just open you're keyboard and it'll do a quick/minor "reset."
  7. polack

polack Member

simple fix was to just exit out of dock mode before i remove the phone from the doc. quick and simple. and i don't know when the last time i slid the keyboard out. i think i did to root the phone once. that was it.