Beats Tour headphones won't work on my s3 to make calls only to listen to music

Reaction score
i got these headphones as a birthday present and i love the quality and sound of them, but when i was about to make a call i couldnt hear the dial tone and my verizon galaxy s3 only takes them as headphones not a headset, i tried them on my friends nexus and i was able to make calls...

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Nevermind

i got these headphones as a birthday present and i love the quality and sound of them, but when i was about to make a call i couldnt hear the dial tone and my verizon galaxy s3 only takes them as headphones not a headset, i tried them on my friends nexus and i was able to make calls...

I got all frustrated about that, it was a stupid iphone proprietary BS that certain features of the Beats headphone won't work unless is an iphone or an Android with beats included, so I swapped them and got this amazing Plantronic BLUETOOTH stereo headset with way better specs than beats and 40 bucks less in Dr Dre's pocket !

imuhboxer

Reaction score
I just bought my Galaxy today... and what do you know my Power Beats Mic doesn't work with my phone. It's totoal BS. I'm thinking about returning the phone. I do not like the cheap headpnones that come with the phone. they dont stay in your ears and are VERY uncomfortable.

I cant believe the Dre's dont work with the galaxy... I feel robbed.:angry:

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to best buy and got myself some BOSE ones and they are WAY better than the Beats one, but I learned something new today, first that thanks to Apple and their proprietary BS, now we have headsets exclusive for apple products and headsets for anyone else!! you know the 3/4 plug from the apple ones are different to the regular ones from the entire planet, so the original Beats headphones I got in the beginning were "made specifically for apple products" but on the other area of the store they had beats for ANYONE ELSE, same thing with the BOSE headsets I bought...So now every time i buy some electronics I have to make sure if they were made for APPLE or for the rest of us..