Beats Rezound

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
You sure it;s not sabatoging your audio like it does on those new hp laptops after you turn beats audio off? Iirc, it turns bass all the way down and leaves the treble slider at flat. It should leave both of them at 0. (On the hp beats laptops...)
I recommend you do some research before buying into beats. Seriously. Fanny Wangs is a great alternative, along with those new Souls by Ludacris if you're going for celebrity endorsed.

Are there any Android phones with those incorporated in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dennism1358

Reaction score
When the headphones are plugged in pull down the status bar and they can be shut off and turned on from there

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
When the headphones are plugged in pull down the status bar and they can be shut off and turned on from there

If I pull down the status bar I don't see any way to engage or disengage Beats. I see the headphone icon in my notifications, but when I drag down the notifications bar I don't see ant listing of Beats, and there's nothing if I go to Quick Settings either.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the default music player's settings either.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Ahah! I found it, it IS in the settings of the default music player!

But you have to be actually playing a track to see it!

Not the best UI if you ask me. For one thing, I don't want to use the default music player...

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Interesting! When the default music player is actually playing a track, then you see the Beats logo in the notifications bar, and Beats can be engaged/disengaged from there.

Last edited:

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I tried to adjust the settings with my headphones not fully plugged in, and got a message that reported that sound enhancement is not available for speaker out...

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
OK, having played around a bit, I can render my verdict.

The Beats earbuds are crap.

BUT... When I listen through my Etymotics, the Beats DSP is actually pretty nice sounding. I am leaving it engaged, at least for now.

The fact that you have to use the default music player simply could not suck more. Replaygain is not supported, neither is scrobbling to Last.FM.

Edit: For some reason, the default player started scrobbling. No idea why, there are no settings for this. I really hate the default player!

I am trying to determine if the state of the Beats DSP is persistent, IOW, if I engage it when using the default player, is it still engaged if I switch to the player of my choice, Power Amp. It's very difficult to tell since the volume level of each player is slightly, and the DSP's effects aren't always that obvious. I am still playing with it...

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Just a shoutout to HTC's most underrated phone. In a year where the competition was the Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Droid Razr, this phone truly was a phone of the ages. Coming off of the poor performance of the Thunderbolt, HTC found themselves on a downslope. Unfortunately even though this phone had arguably one of the best radios and display quality packaged with a hip set of headphones, matching color scheme, and a catchy commercial to go with it, they caught the community at a time where the demand for a nexus was at its greatest. So much so that they were willing to overlook the flaws of the galaxy nexus and choose it over the rezound which saw its fair share of development thanks to the community (shout out to Cleanroms).

Oh well here is to the HTC Rezound, the community never really cared to know you and so continued the downward slope of HTC out of the hearts of android fans.

Can we take this moment to dance with grandma and her rezound, for she was one of the few to appreciate the beauty of this phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just a shoutout to HTC's most underrated phone. In a year where the competition was the Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Droid Razr, this phone truly was a phone of the ages. Coming off of the poor performance of the Thunderbolt, HTC found themselves on a downslope. Unfortunately even though this phone had arguably one of the best radios and display quality packaged with a hip set of headphones, matching color scheme, and a catchy commercial to go with it, they caught the community at a time where the demand for a nexus was at its greatest. So much so that they were willing to overlook the flaws of the galaxy nexus and choose it over the rezound which saw its fair share of development thanks to the community (shout out to Cleanroms).

Oh well here is to the HTC Rezound, the community never really cared to know you and so continued the downward slope of HTC out of the hearts of android fans.

Can we take this moment to dance with grandma and her rezound, for she was one of the few to appreciate the beauty of this phone.

That type of commercial is why it failed. A phone with that much power and capability and all they pushed was a loudness button (basically that's all Beats is). I used mine for over 2 years and the crappy headphones that didn't fit worth a hoot were never a factor in my like of the phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><