Beats by Dre Supposedly Looking to End HTC Partnership

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought my Rezound in spite of it having Beats, not because. Gimmick sounds gimmick earbuds, gimmick advertising made me look at everything but the Rezound until I saw something on Phone Scoop about it. They touted it as a bigger Incredible 1 on steroids performance wise and mentioned nothing about the music player. This, in their opinion was a bad thing but fir me it was a good thing. They said it even fit in hand, though a bigger screen than the Inc, like the Inc 1. It was at that point I went to a Verizon store and bought mine because I wanted a phone as good as my Inc and fit my hands like my Inc.
I've used Beats only to show others that Power Amp works with Beats, both corded and Bluetooth.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

The rezound was so under rated. If it was not for sense being so heavy it would have truly been the better device than the nexus. The rezound had much better radios, speaker quality, and the screen resolution was on par if not better in some cases. When I had my rezound I ran clean rom nexus edition and it performed much better. In the end I went back to the nexus only because I thought they had a true fix for the nexus radios.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Only thing I look for in sound quality is the ability to use bass without distortion. The more bass I can use at low to medium volume the better...to me music is not just for listening, but for feeling too.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that most earbuds - especially cheap earbuds - produce very little bass. So artificial or not, anything that enhances the base to create a more normal listening experience is ok in my book. IMO, Beats wasn't about overly saturated bass but compensating for the hardware's shortcoming there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Keep in mind that most earbuds - especially cheap earbuds - produce very little bass. So artificial or not, anything that enhances the base to create a more normal listening experience is ok in my book. IMO, Beats wasn't about overly saturated bass but compensating for the hardware's shortcoming there.

That I can understand. I mean, nobody is trying to get audiophile quality from a phone (yet). :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i don't know. a lot of sound systems are coming equipped with bluetooth to connect to your phone...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
True, but the quality is considered lower than CD, even with top end home audio systems & audio/video receivers. The sound through these "component" audio devices will definitely be better than with the desktop or portable player devices, but still will not compare to a CD played on a quality CD player or higher quality recording played on the same system. In other words, what comes from the source Bluetooth device and through Bluetooth can only sound as good as the device and the protocol can reproduce.

The new Apt-X Bluetooth protocol also still leaves something to be desired in quality. You have to have good equipment on which to reproduce it and compare with a CD of the same material, in order to hear the difference in most cases, but there is a significant difference. By comparison, something like my Roku Soundbridge M-2000, or my Sonos system can stream audio wirelessly and do so with full audio fidelity and quality, but the prior uses WIFI and the latter uses its own proprietary mesh network protocol. Both benefit from the massively higher bitrates possible, as well as the greater distances achievable between source and destination via their respective protocols.

I think Bluetooth is in need of another iteration, or perhaps a new wireless streaming protocol that is both CD quality or better, and yet still supports Bluetooth through downward compatibility. The fact is, whatever is out there now will never sound better than it does already. A new protocol means new equipment or at least a new dongle to access the equipment with the new protocol. Frankly I wouldn't mind a dongle hanging off my home audio equipment to give me that quality, but I don't need it as I use WIFI and Cellular now to stream audio to and from the home.

In the car, my phone streams through Bluetooth from my home NAS to the car's head unit and the sound is acceptable considering all the other noises you incur while on the road. I also have a few different BT headsets which I use for basic entertainment while out and about, but when I put on my Sennheiser HD-800 cans and swing back into my Human Touch Manual Perfect Chair PC6 Recliner with a hot Latte from my Saeco Royal Professional SuperAutomatica Espresso/Cappuccino machine to listen to Original Master Recordings of my favorite Jazz artists I want the best possible sound and I don't care that there's a wire...I WANT the wire. :biggrin: Heck, I'm not going anywhere for a couple hours anyway!