Beats Audio

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the RAZR plays nice with Beats? If so, link to download and install? Thanks

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I can confirm it plays nice with Beat Studio head phones and Beats ear phones with Power AMP. Idk about Beats audio though lol

todroid

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the RAZR plays nice with Beats? If so, link to download and install? Thanks

Are you talking about the Beats Audio DSP. Sure thing. I presume you're on stock .211? Here you go:
[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012) - DroidRzr.com

One thing, after you flash the mod, if you don't see the Beats Audio app in your drawer, perform the following steps:
Go to the system/app folder, and rename the DP app extension to whatever you want, ".bak", or whatever, to disable it.
Reboot. You should now see the Beats in your drawer.
Profit.

Oh, and you may not have to add those lines to your build.prop file at all. Try the flash and the step above. If those two don't work, the buid.prop file changes will probably not do anything for you.
But it should work. That second step was key for most.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
Works great. I had no problem whatsoever. DSP showed in my app drawer and never had to add lines to prop.build or rename anything. :)

todroid

Reaction score
Just to make sure, did DSP app or Beats Audio (app) show up in your drawer? If it's Beats, you're golden.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DroidLX

Reaction score
What is "DP" app and/or How to Change build.prop

Are you talking about the Beats Audio DSP. Sure thing. I presume you're on stock .211? Here you go:
[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012) - DroidRzr.com

One thing, after you flash the mod, if you don't see the Beats Audio app in your drawer, perform the following steps:
Go to the system/app folder, and rename the DP app extension to whatever you want, ".bak", or whatever, to disable it.
Reboot. You should now see the Beats in your drawer.
Profit.

Oh, and you may not have to add those lines to your build.prop file at all. Try the flash and the step above. If those two don't work, the buid.prop file changes will probably not do anything for you.
But it should work. That second step was key for most.

Good luck.

2 Quick Questions:

When you say rename the "DP" app's extension... what is the "DP" app? I looked and couldn't find anything with that name.

What application do I use to change the build.prop files and how do I do it?

Thanks for all the help!

DroidLX

Reaction score
2 Quick Questions:

When you say rename the "DP" app's extension... what is the "DP" app? I looked and couldn't find anything with that name.

What application do I use to change the build.prop files and how do I do it?

Thanks for all the help!

UPDATE:

I figured out how to edit the Build.prop - but that didnt work for me either.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I figured out how to edit the Build.prop - but that didnt work for me either.

I didn't have to rename anything. I put it on my SD card, booted into bootstrap and it installed perfectly. I then went into "apps" and disabled MusicFX, as this is set as default. All is well with BEATS!

todroid

Reaction score
It's a digital signal processing (hence, DSP). Adds preset layer of base and allows you to choose from pre-established or custom equalizer settings. Nothing more.

todroid

Reaction score
2 Quick Questions:

If you did not see a "DSP" app, but do see "Awesome Beats", you're good. It's only if you see the first, but not the second app, you have to rename the first in a root-accessible file manager.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
It's a digital signal processing (hence, DSP). Adds preset layer of base and allows you to choose from pre-established or custom equalizer settings. Nothing more.

Okay cool then I'll be fine with a 3rd party equalizer. Truthfully though I only listen to my music at a flat response. If it doesn't sound good originally I usually won't listen to it. Thanks!!!

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I'm bored I think I will do just because I can. Question does it only work with beat headphones or will it work with any type?

todroid

Reaction score
I'm bored I think I will do just because I can. Question does it only work with beat headphones or will it work with any type?

Any. Our even through the phone speaker.
But it only works with music players, not with streaming apps, like Pandora. For now.