Beats audio question

cdm369

Reaction score
Does beats Audi only work with the beats earbuds. They don't seem to work through you tube or third party apps. If so is it intentional? Is there a fix?

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Beats works with any headphones/output. However without the "fix"(found on XDA) beats only enables in the stock music player. Beats is a hardware and software solution, however if you're stock (unless you have the fix or unless the app you're using is beats enabled) the software portion won't enable.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
So should it affect how it plays through a cars aux output Jack? Using the stock player I mean?

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes absolutely, you should see the beats logo in your notification bar. If you don't believe it's working, disable beats. You should hear a dramatic difference.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I would suggest using an app called Equalizer. looks like a round EQ logo. I found that the music sounds completely different using it, and it is always on. You can select from 9 or so presets or make your own. There is an option for bass boost as well. I did the sample version for free but I gladly paid the $3 or so for the app unlock key.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
MrSmith317 said:
Yes absolutely, you should see the beats logo in your notification bar. If you don't believe it's working, disable beats. You should hear a dramatic difference.

Thanks for the info...much better now. Didn't really like the stock player but it sounds right because of beats.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...much better now. Didn't really like the stock player but it sounds right because of beats.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

It works with Power Amp music player as well. Power Amp is so much better than the stock player anyway and Beats working with it is another bonus

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2