Beats audio and alternatives

nh2123

Reaction score
Hi, I saw a post on here saying that beats audio had been cracked for Bionic. I read mixed reviews about it. Some said it was amazing, some that it only lowered high range sounds and increased the base and mid range. Do you guys recommend it? Is it an equalizer program? Can I uninstall it if it's not for me? Are there programs that you think work better than this? Thank in advance for your input.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
try Volume+ in the market... beats audio gets a lot of attention because of marketing but it's just an enhancer like the rest of these audio programs... don't worry... you're not missing out on anything grand

striker85

Reaction score
I flashed the beats audio zip and quite honestly, I can't notice a difference.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
PowerAmp has become one of my favorites... on just about any phone, with the equalizer settings and additional bass/treble settings (that can be saved), it can sound pretty awesome.

OP
N

nh2123

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm giving volume+ a try then i'll try out poweramp. One thing I like so far volume+ is the option that lets you change voice call volume. It's for root users. It made my voice calls louder and clearer through the earpiece.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
The other strong point is... Volume+ is a global equalizer... with settings for every aspect of your phone individually... different settings for bluetooth or headset etc... and it eq's all sources ... video/music/call whatever... power amp is a stand alone music player that just offers eq for its own music... and it is a battery hog... it constantly turns itself on in the backround and runs for no apparent reason even though you haven't used it in a week and rebooted several times... you always see it in running services

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other strong point is... Volume+ is a global equalizer... with settings for every aspect of your phone individually... different settings for bluetooth or headset etc... and it eq's all sources ... video/music/call whatever... power amp is a stand alone music player that just offers eq for its own music... and it is a battery hog... it constantly turns itself on in the backround and runs for no apparent reason even though you haven't used it in a week and rebooted several times... you always see it in running services

That's good to know, wasn't aware of all that... will have to take a look at V+

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Great discussion! Will also give some of these a look

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

jayman350

Reaction score
I think the issue with Beats Audio vs. another EQ program is that sound is subjective (for the most part), some people will like certain settings over another. I prefer the "Bass & Treble" preset in PowerAmp with the preamp upped a little bit more than stock, and that works great w/ my Beats headphones, but not so much in my car w/ stock speakers or with my S305 ROKR bluetooth headphones. So I find myself turning the EQ settings on and off depending on what I am using to listen to my music.

I have been using PowerAmp exclusively as my music player since I was on my OG DROID, so I can't really compare battery usage vs. not having it as I use it daily. I stuck w/ PowerAmp b/c I enjoy the ability to swipe between tracks and the different shuffle options available. The EQ is nice, but I can't compare it to V+ as I haven't tried that yet (although I'm probably going to check it out now). I don't like the stock music player, but am open to new suggestions.

Tonik

Reaction score
... different settings for bluetooth....

Can Volume+ boost the overall volume of a bluetooth connection without destroying the quality too much? My Bionic is just a tad to quiet when bluetoothed to my motorcycle helmet. (before anyone freaks, I don't make phone calls on the MC. Just play tunes on very long highway trips).

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I remember when poweramp first hit the market... what a sexy player and equalizer to put on an android device... but later on after a bunch of updates... i noticed it was ALWAYS running... i would force close it and check back a couple hours later and baam ... there it is again... i hate that whole concept... if your app doesn't have any way to kill and remain killed... i don't want it in my phone... such a shame too cuzz it's an awesome player... but if i only use it on the weekends? I don't need it running all week

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember when poweramp first hit the market... what a sexy player and equalizer to put on an android device... but later on after a bunch of updates... i noticed it was ALWAYS running... i would force close it and check back a couple hours later and baam ... there it is again... i hate that whole concept... if your app doesn't have any way to kill and remain killed... i don't want it in my phone... such a shame too cuzz it's an awesome player... but if i only use it on the weekends? I don't need it running all week

Yeah, I wonder if that's b/c it defaults to the setting where once you plug the headphones back in it starts right back up... so it has to be open to at least notice that.