BeastTips Widget

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Phxphenom, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another reason to follow Pete on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/peteralfonso is because you can be the first to learn of cool new product introductions. He just tweeted BeastTips.apk and since you can download it right off of tweet, when you establish the widget on your screen, you get all kinds of tips by clicking on it.....

Pretty cool.....

2. dbritton

dbritton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! I saw that post and I downloaded it but I'm having trouble installing it. I get to the installing screen then the notification window comes up saying application not installed. I am running BB V0.4

3. coastiefish

coastiefish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, Im getting the same thing "Application not installed" I even tried it with APKinstaller. I dont know whats up with it....The Cube live wallpaper he posted yesterday worked just fine.

4. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think i JUST WENT TO SETTINGS>aPPLICATIONS> and clicked on the icon....I then just installed it as a widget.....

5. dbritton

dbritton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you need to run the script to remove the android tips, then reboot, then install. That's what worked for me anyways...

#5 dbritton, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  6. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    You may need to remove the original tips app via the Toolkit before installing (because i did not change the package name). Enjoy!

7. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do new tips get added, Pete? Do we need to do anything to update or will it stay with the current 6 tips? Oh and I would be remiss if I didn't ask for an ETA for v0.5 as well as an enquiry of what new surprises we should be looking for,... :)

8. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do I need to push this from ADB to get it to work? I am unable to uninstall the Protips.apk and this appears to be a modified version of it. I am unable to Upgrade either. I tried going into adb shell pm -uninstall Protips and even this fails, any ideas? Not that it's crucial to have it... but it's like have the 68 corvette with everything stock except your shift knob, just doesn't feel right ;)

9. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    sys -rw
    rm /system/app/Protips.apk
    sync
    sys -ro

Then use Astro to install BeastTips.apk

10. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pete, you're the man, however minor complication. After removing and attempting to install with Astro I get an error telling me that application data from a previous version will be saved and the install failed after a quick reboot I was able to install no problems!