Be nice

pdroid41

Reaction score
Grandpa closer to 70 than 17 talked into "you gotta have this" by young'uns now pulling at thinning hair trying to understand what happened to a simple phone call. On first name basis with -so far patient- local Verizon store staff answering my inane questions. Looking for all sorts of help from kind-hearted Droid enthusiasts.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums.. this is a great place to learn about your phone. most memebers are all willing to help.. best of luck to you..

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. This is a friendly community, so feel free to join in or ask questions if you're having problems.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Welcome to the community! :)

If questions are many; ask away! We don't bite ..... sometimes.
.. lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! :)

If questions are many; ask away! We don't bite ..... sometimes.

+1

Welcome to the forums. Poke around and search for an answer or just list a bunch of questions out and you'll see them answered shortly.

OP
P

pdroid41

Reaction score
Wow, 5 comments in less than one hour. :)

Here goes:
1. If Droid X is "asleep" does it still emit a signal when a call comes in?
2. How do I get Camera to save the picture I just snapped? All I show in Gallery is a bunch of empty picture icons.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, 5 comments in less than one hour. :)

Here goes:
1. If Droid X is "asleep" does it still emit a signal when a call comes in?
2. How do I get Camera to save the picture I just snapped? All I show in Gallery is a bunch of empty picture icons.

1...when it is asleep the screen is dark. It will know when a call comes in. And you can test this by calling your cellphone with any other phone too.

The camera should automatically save the picture. You can see them (usually) via the gallery, from the phone's camera app, or by plugging the phone into your computer and viewing the pictures as you would on any camera or card that you plug into your computer.

Google+ ...the new Facebook alternative, also lets you auto-send all pics/videos to the web where you can then decide which ones you would like to share with others. Other apps let you do this too.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums...my mom got a droid x for her first smartphone too..it took her a little while to get acclimated to it but loves it now.

OP
P

pdroid41

Reaction score
Christim: d'uh, call my own phone... thanks.

But the Camera will not save the picture I just took anywhere I can find it. Last month, when the phone was new and I wanted to review the picture I just took, I'd go to Gallery and there it was.. I must have done something to change a setting, that I now cannot find.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Christim: d'uh, call my own phone... thanks.

But the Camera will not save the picture I just took anywhere I can find it. Last month, when the phone was new and I wanted to review the picture I just took, I'd go to Gallery and there it was.. I must have done something to change a setting, that I now cannot find.

in ur menu, look for a folder called FILES. open that file and now look for DCIM which is another way camera pics save to ur phone/sd card

ALOHA from Hawaii

OP
P

pdroid41

Reaction score
Christim et al. Camera troubles continuing. Visited Verizon store several times where they pulled the cover, battery and sd card, then put it all back together. The last visit they even installed new software. There, problem fixed. For a while, again. Then back to no pictures in Gallery, only gray and white icions. Pull the cover, battery, and sd card, put it back together and there: works again. For a while, probably. This seems wrong. Is my phone broken?

OP
P

pdroid41

Reaction score
Hawaiian Princess. Sorry, I overlooked your response. All pictures are there listed under Files. But they have very small icons. Is there a way to restore Gallery to it's original condition? Thanks.