be careful out there...

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Everyone seems to be blaming the parents, but I blame the kid.

Seriously, this is a 15 year old, not a 4 year old. At that age he shouldn't need his parents hand holding him for basic stuff like staying hydrated, eating, sleeping, etc. What he did he did of his own volition. Plain as that. The consequences of HIS actions was hospitalization. His parents should be checking in on him *you know to make sure he isn't dead or something*, but having to do the above is pretty much overkill for someone his age.

I hope the parents don't get too penalized for their sons lack of judgement. At his age, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

Who teaches that responsibility? If you were never taught how should you know? Yes he SHOULD know better, but where were his parents? Sometimes people forget that if there is no guidance a child will not pick up what we consider to be common sense.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Everyone seems to be blaming the parents, but I blame the kid.

Seriously, this is a 15 year old, not a 4 year old. At that age he shouldn't need his parents hand holding him for basic stuff like staying hydrated, eating, sleeping, etc. What he did he did of his own volition. Plain as that. The consequences of HIS actions was hospitalization. His parents should be checking in on him *you know to make sure he isn't dead or something*, but having to do the above is pretty much overkill for someone his age.

I hope the parents don't get too penalized for their sons lack of judgement. At his age, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

I don't know about you, but my daughter will be my daughter until I die and I will let her know when she's doing stupid things until then too. No matter how old they are they need guidance. And at 15 they are still their parents responsibility. Who let's their kid hold up for 4 days playing games?? Never....mines 5 now and she will never sit in front of the tv for more than an hour at a time.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
^^^:thumbup: also.. people develope at different paces... some 15 year olds now don't have Common sense...

Heck, most PEOPLE don't have it.. which leads me to wonder.. why is it called common sense when so few have it?? :rofl3:

I make my son go for walks with me, I make my son get out if his room.... I make my some associate with people..

We're screwing ourselves by allowing our kids to become couch potatoes.. that's partially why we have an obesity epidemic.

May I also say on this note... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST IN THIS THREAD, WE DON'T WANT OR NEED A THREAD DISCUSSING PARENTING.

:)

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Wow. I can't believe that. Poor kid, yet if he has no sense to take a break, well... I've had a lot of time on my 360, but not for multiple days straight. But I did nearly wear it out the first several days after Christmas. ;) I hardly get on my 360 now but I still like to play a few rounds of Halo. And I'm getting into controller customization.

Oh, and FoxKat, I can't tell you how many bad thoughts (you don't wanna know) I've had run through my mind just a few years ago. They've been more tamed since my senior year in HS, a lot has to do with maturity, but I've never acted upon those thoughts. Despite what thoughts I have, I'm still a civilized and nice (for the most part) human being. BUT, if you try to hurt my loved ones (I.e. family, girlfriend, close friends, etc.) I would have a second thought to either shoot you, or beat you to a pulp. And I don't think you'd want either to come from a 6'4" 280 lbs dude. Especially when pissed off.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. I remember when I used to weigh 280 lbs.. I think I was 18 lmao :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And this article has made me lose more hope in humanity. Some people....

Dumb kid and even dumber parents. And all the blame gets pointed towards neither. Why can't anyone own up to their mistakes and take responsibility?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
We're about the same size...I think we can take FoxKat ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. I think so too. :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
And this article has made me lose more hope in humanity. Some people....

Dumb kid and even dumber parents. And all the blame gets pointed towards neither. Why can't anyone own up to their mistakes and take responsibility?

What are you talking about!? Of COURSE it's not the parent's or kid's fault! It's Sony and Microsoft's fault for making the PlayStation and Xbox! Geez, the nere of such naive people... just kidding dezy, don't hate.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What are you talking about!? Of COURSE it's not the parent's or kid's fault! It's Sony and Microsoft's fault for making the PlayStation and Xbox! Geez, the nere of such naive people... just kidding dezy, don't hate.

Eh I've been a videogamer all my life and it's the same bull every year. "Videogames did this to them!" That maybe applies to a small percentage. I play violent videogames all the time and I'm a pacifist, but I admit to running scenarios through my head against some people Oh how I would love to have a hadouken or one of those swords from halo to use on some people, specifically those parents and that kid right now:p

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Eh I've been a videogamer all my life and it's the same bull every year. "Videogames did this to them!" That maybe applies to a small percentage. I play violent videogames all the time and I'm a pacifist, but I admit to running scenarios through my head against some people Oh how I would love to have a hadouken or one of those swords from halo to use on some people, specifically those parents and that kid right now:p

Haha, exactly! Active camp is awesome.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
If they didnt blame the game theyd blame the box the game was made for. If they cant blame the box theyll blames the graphics card. Cant blame the card blame the chipset manufacturer. Cant blame the chipset manufacturer blame the engineer that made the chipset for the card that was put into the box that ran those beautiful graphics of the nazi getting his head blown off. Notice...at no point does anyone ask "where were the parents?" Ugh!

Tap tap tappin on my Razr MAXX