be careful out there...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bad parenting...the only comment needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I do love my XBOX - but after one 24 hour session now I would fall over and need a nap. Heck to be honest 3 - 4 hours and I can't play anymore... Halo and COD are addicting!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, but I also wonder what all that VR blood and guts, guns and aggression does chemically to the brain. There's an old saying..."think and you shall become". I am sure there are some who are weak-minded that will succumb to this philosophy as it becomes a physiological change that can't be predicted or prevented by any other means than simply removing the stimulus.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It all comes back to parenting. I watched alot of violent shows and movies when I was a kid, my parents owned a video store. I'm probably the least violent person I know. But everything was prefaced as not being real. Nowadays I think parents don't reinforce the fact its not real and use these things as babysitters and they have no guidance for what they are seeing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Excellent point. I always say, children are a product of their parents first, then their surroundings, then their community, and finally themselves. It all starts with the parents. P.S. remind me never to get on your bad side...no matter how small it may be!! :icon_ devil: LOL!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of parents leave their son holed up in his room for 4 days? They didn't even care enough to make him eat dinner? Or go outside? Drink some water? Nothing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
It all comes back to parenting. I watched alot of violent shows and movies when I was a kid, my parents owned a video store. I'm probably the least violent person I know. But everything was prefaced as not being real. Nowadays I think parents don't reinforce the fact its not real and use these things as babysitters and they have no guidance for what they are seeing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of people forget how much a parent influences their children! Guidance is a must. My daughter absolutely loves scary movies, but she knows it is fake and what is appropriate behaviour regardless of anything that she may see on TV.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
4 days straight?!? That is insane. After a couple hours of Xbox I need to stop and get reacquainted to the world.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lucky he was only hospitalized. A Korean? kid died from playing too long.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I need to start playing video games apparently ;) lol.

I'm afraid i'd get hooked on transformers or a combat game.....

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i never have been able to grasp the playing all day straight. i play couple of hours of it and i am bored ..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My ps3 looks like this ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Everyone seems to be blaming the parents, but I blame the kid.

Seriously, this is a 15 year old, not a 4 year old. At that age he shouldn't need his parents hand holding him for basic stuff like staying hydrated, eating, sleeping, etc. What he did he did of his own volition. Plain as that. The consequences of HIS actions was hospitalization. His parents should be checking in on him *you know to make sure he isn't dead or something*, but having to do the above is pretty much overkill for someone his age.

I hope the parents don't get too penalized for their sons lack of judgement. At his age, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.