Be Brilliant

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC-One-A9-Aero-Price-Release-date-specifications.jpg

HTC has one more card to play before the year ends and they are feeling confident in their device, which they are saying will be one of the first to drop with Marshmallow. People has all but given up on HTC but we will still drop the news once HTC unveil their device on the 20th of this month. But given the current landscape we will know everything we need to know about that device before then.

Any hopes that HTC will actually be able to release a "brilliant" device?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
HTC will always have a special place in my heart. It was my first Android smartphone. I think they have what it takes to be a big contender again.

Note 4tified

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC will always have a special place in my heart. It was my first Android smartphone. I think they have what it takes to be a big contender again.

Note 4tified

When I look back at phones like the Nexus One, HTC (later named Droid) Incredible, EVO, and the under appreciated Rezound I see a HTC that was good in so many areas except battery life (they at the time had a knack for putting in smaller batteries then what was needed). HTC had the look both hardware and with software. The only major complaint may have been later from those wanting to root and hated h-boot. Now I look at HTC and they just look uninspired. And if you are not inspired by your product then why should we be.

When they get inspired again I am sure they have the ability to put out an awesome device. Unfortunately times a ticking and money is a wasting. If they are not able to turn it around soon they could find themselves with a wikipedia page that describes the company with the word "was".

Reactions: cr6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They have the capacity to make a fantastic device, it just seems there's no inspiration or direction or identity. I think if they can figure out who they are before its too late, they will be back in the game.

They had something great when the M7 came out, but failed to evolve it completely. It always seemed to be missing something big. I was excited to see what the M9 brought, but was very disappointed when I saw the poor camera and they kept the same screen size as I was hoping for a 5.2-5.5" screen.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have to admit, I did love my Dinc and my son got the Rezound, which was also a great phone. I had the Razr Maxx at the time and phone/data reception was as good on the Rezound as it was on the Maxx, camera was better and screen was better in the bright sunlight on the RZ. I also liked their software UI much better than the Maxx. The only area that I felt the Maxx won was battery, imo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC A9 'Aero' Makes Another Leaked Appearance Ahead Of Possible Announcement Later This Month

^ looking like this is going to be a mid range device. Now before we stick a fork in it I have to say maybe a good mid range device may be a good idea if is marketed and priced right.
5 inch 1080P, 16 gigs of ram, 2150 Mah battery, and a snapdragon 617 processor, specs that is not even on our radar as far as us enthusiasts are concerned. But this may be a nice budget phone especially around the holidays.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Which color would you get?

2015924_40275.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
12iphone6s_3448293b.jpg

the rose gold looks mighty familiar;).

That is another reason I think this could make a few sales. Be a phone to buy for a kid for the holidays. Got a you middle schooler who is not quite ready for an iphone 6s... grab them a htc

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
12iphone6s_3448293b.jpg

the rose gold looks mighty familiar;).

That is another reason I think this could make a few sales. Be a phone to buy for a kid for the holidays. Got a you middle schooler who is not quite ready for an iphone 6s... grab them a htc

Hmmm. If anything I believe this, and the iPhone 6 clones, look very familiar too...the original design that Apple aped. The HTC M8.

iphone-6-plus-vs-htc-one-m8-quick-look-aa-7-of-14-710x399.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm curious as to why they would move away from the front stereo speakers though. Seems like a step backwards.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Only htc phone I ever had or had interest in was the G1. OG Android. From there, I was all about Moto and htc never really came out with anything that I felt like I HAD to have after that.