1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bbym matching costco bundle?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by liftedplane, Sep 13, 2011.

1. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

The title says it all, I am going tomorrow to get a bionic for me and my wife, and I want to know if anyone has had luck with this, I would just get it outright from costco but half is going on my bb credit card.

So if no one responds by then I will let you know if I was able to get it or not. I remember people saying you could

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
  2. Danorexic

Danorexic New Member

It may depend upon the manager's discretion for your local store. Generally my store won't price match Costco since it's considered a wholesale store and has membership fees.
  3. liftedplane

alright, well lets hope, I know I can get the deal at costco online w/out a membership so... maybe that will play in my favor. and I'm buying two of them...
  4. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Someone on here told me they would.

I'd be interested to see if they did.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. pyroelite

pyroelite New Member

Uh it would actually be worth paying $50 to sign up for a membership cuz you would save $20 each on the phones & get the very nice accessories that are def worth it (lol & you still get to shop there for a yr). Plus 90 day return policy. Also keep in mind Costco only takes AMEX for credit, dbt or check...

P.s. My Costco AMEX card nets me at least $200 a yr on the rebate check...

& the only reason I've ever gone do best buy is to fondle gadgets... & then promptly buy them online for cheaper & no tax. ;-)
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. liftedplane

I have a membership the executive level actually. And there is no way I can get an amex now. Hence the reason I am trying to get bbym to match the Costco bundle.

7. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

What is that Bbym store?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. jseah

jseah New Member

Best Buy Mobile (it is the area in Best Buy that sells cell phones)
  9. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

My local BB didnt even have Moto branded Bionic accessories when I went in the other day. *shrugs*
  10. liftedplane

Well I guess if I can at least get them to match the price of the phone and throw in maybe a zagg shield or something, the costcos near me don't evej have the bionic right now. :shrug: and aren't sure when they will get more.

Guess I will find out later after work.

11. pyroelite

pyroelite New Member

I'd say just keep working them, play hardball & try not to settle. That is if the mobile area functions like the
    TVs - my brother chiseled them into honoring an online price for a TV on some site & for them to match the PS3 accessory bundle offered by Costco, so it's possible... Good luck
  12. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Local BB's in my area won't price match at all. COSTCO is absolutely worth the membership fees. They have great sales on all kinds of stuff and have really good food stuffs as well.

Anyway, good luck.
  13. Danorexic

Danorexic New Member

It may be worth a shot but BBY's price-match policy generally requires that the store they're matching have the items in stock. Also, I don't believe bundles are covered under price-match either. Unless BBYM's policies differ from the rest of the store. Not trying to be a downer, just letting you know why they might decline the match.
  14. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

They also want the store to be within a certain distance from them.
  15. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

I have tried to get my BBY to match a Sam's price on a camera. My BBY told me they do not match warehouse clubs because the cost to join makes BBY price cheaper. When I told them Sam's was $75 cheaper on the same camera and my membership was $35 a year, I would take the $40 mark down to get my BBY reward points. NO DICE!
  16. liftedplane

It is up to the manager in the bbym section as they are technically a different entity from the rest of the store, at least that's what I am understanding.

Now here's the kicker, NONE of the bbym I have called near me have ANY single accessory. So... getting the bundle is no dice. So they have no way to honor the bundle... but one of the guys is going to another bb to pick up a bionic. And I'm on costco's list when they get more in and I will get a second one from them with the bundle... my wife can live without all the extras she just wants a case.

Edit: Having just checked the news I am going to try and get them to pricematch the radioshack deal and get the 100 off.... this just keeps getting better... but those new snapdragons that are supposed to be out next year.... man its a wonderful time for technology
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011