BBV0.5 issues and Nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by benhar, Dec 1, 2010.

1. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After having my phone running hot and being overall buggy with BBV0.5, I finally got it working after formatting my SD card then reinstalling. Now I have an itch to try a couple of ROMs, but am afraid to mess with it since it is finally working OK. If I perform a Nandroid backup, try out the other ROM, then restore to the backup, am I running a risk of it being buggy again or should it run as well as it does now?

2. TangoSucka

TangoSucka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What kind of kernal are you running? I would start with trying a 1000 Chevy's or a Slahyers ULV and go from their. If it runs better and you want it even faster, you can keep trying bigger kernals.

3. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running the stock BBV0.5 kernal, haven't been brave enough to OC to 1000 yet. I'm more or less satisfied with performance right now; I'm just curious to try out the MIUI ROM but would rather not go through the whole process of re-installing BB afterwards. So I'm trying to get an idea of how effective the Nandroid restore is vs reinstalling from scratch.

4. TangoSucka

TangoSucka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you nandroid, it's just like a restore point on a computer. So if it runs fine now, then just nandroid it and party your-little-flashing-ass-off. That's why it was created, so the user can try as many different ROMs as they want. In my experience though, bugless is the best.

5. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried MIUI for a few days and then restored my BB Nandroid backup. Since then, a couple of bugs I had with MIUI presented themselves on BB (camera force close and strange resizing of my widgets). Should I have wiped data and cache before restoring?