BBv0.4 vs. Cyanogen 6.0?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AzJazz, Jul 19, 2010.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never tried Cyanogen's ROMs before (I've been a very loyal BB fan), and I was wondering what the differences/features are between the two ROMs.

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CM is built from source. Backup your rom and try CM if you want to, there's too many differences to list. An example would be easy changing of your clock/notification text color.

3. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Cyangenmod is fast and stable. First time using it, and I have the stock kernel. I like the speed so far, and haven't bothered flashing chevy's. Never used BB.

4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Got horrible battery life with CM6...Pete's memory and battery tweaks are just superior to everything out there (I don't want to have to mess with that stuff too much). I've tried the others a few different times and think I'm going to give up on the other roms. My set-up just runs WAYYYYY better on BB.

5. sruel3216

sruel3216 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    completely agree. i have tried almost every rom and i always end up back on BB. speed is unmatchable

6. ckamc

ckamc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I myself have had great success with cm6 rc1.. remember this isnt even a full blown finished work they have put out yet.

running the same theme and kernal as i did with .4 and my battery doesnt randomly get hot and i get more out of each charge.

i did notice that the quadrant score was lower but scripts like setcpu do run a bit more corfrectly on cm6 than bb.4

i cant remember why i disliked cm in the past but now it runs fine, yes it doesnt have all the features that bb.4 does have but stability is there.

all roms have their own perks and each persons phone and configuration will result differently

7. nyijedi

nyijedi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally have been getting better battery life and cooler temps with CM6RC1 than BB0.4.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been trying all the different roms for the past month(Cyanogen 6, Simply Stunning 4.4, Sapphire, you name it)and I've found Bugless Beast 0.4 is the only one that doesn't drain my battery life. BB is less flashy than some of the other roms but it works great and it's never crashed on me once. I run a ChevyNo1 ULV 1Ghz kernel and usually set it to 500 max and 250 min and I have battery life all day. When I flashed the other roms, my battery life almost immediately started draining every time. Sucks cause I'd like to use some of the other roms but I'm not sure what kernel would work best with each individual rom as far as saving my battery. I tried the new Simply Stunning today and again, my battery was draining and going down in minutes. Went right back to BB 0.4.

9. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +876
    It's not just that. A few might even give me slightly better battery life, but I've had major issues with all the other roms from corp email not working, to excessive "cell searching for signal' to poor memory management (lots of FC's, lags, etc...).

I think there are fixes for most of my issues, but I just got fed up with searching for fixes and then investing the time to actually do it. I know that comes with the territory of demanding the latest and greatest RIGHT NOW, but unfortunately the few bad just dominates the good in the others and I'm saving myself the frustration and sticking with BB.

10. MarkJohn

MarkJohn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was running BB and liking it a lot. While waiting for an update i Flashed Cm 6 and it had some cool features that i liked a lot, but it kept messing with my widgets. Hopefully they get this fixed. I am running Chevy's SS 4.5. I love it so far, he has custom scripts to remove the stuff you dont want. and A really sweet way to back up and restore your apps called Bkapps anyone looking for a change of pace should give it a try.

11. bsteenson

bsteenson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I could never get wifi to work on CM6, so I went back to BB or JRummy (switch back and forth between the two every couple of days just because I like to tinker with the phone).

12. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Battery Life is significantly better with CM6RC1. I am using the kernel that was made specifically for CM6RC1 by gjdlfg I have sacrificed performance though for the better battery life and may be switching back soon. CM6RC1 has been much laggier for me than bb0.4, and have had a few force closes