1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BBv0.4 and OTA update question

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by amajamar, Aug 11, 2010.

1. amajamar

amajamar New Member

There's a some chatter on the Droid-Life site that OTA2.2 is trying to install itself even though people are running BBv0.4.

Froyo Update for DROID Expected to Finish by August 18th | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Does 0.4 prevent it from installing if it does download or is there something that could be done to prevent it in the first place?

I just want to be prepared if I wake up to the, "An update is available for your phone. Do you want to install it?"

Thanks in advance!
  2. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

3. amajamar

amajamar New Member

Awesome! I have Clockwork also. Did you until you got the update notification then flash back to SPR? Was there any error messages generated? What did you do with the downloaded file?

Edit**Nevermind the secondary questions! (I just noticed the second link!)
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  4. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

Yea I had Clockwork flashed, got the prompt to update, flashed to SPRecovery then back to Clockwork upon reboot. I'm sure you know all this from reading the other posts though. lol

Keep in mind, it will be blocked so you won't even see anything on your screen about the update after you click to do it. It just takes a while to reboot. Don't freak out, it will boot back up and be exactly like it was before you accepted the install.
  5. amajamar

amajamar New Member

Was there a file left on your SD card?
  6. jwellsy

jwellsy New Member

SOOOOO what exactly do i need to do to get my OTA notification to stop popping up? im currently on bb v0.4 and have been since it was posted
  7. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

amajamar: I don't know, my daughter's Droid got prompted. I'm still waiting on mine.
    jwellsy: Accept the update and it will get blocked.
  8. amajamar

amajamar New Member

As ChugIt posted above, if you are using SPR or Clockwork you can allow it to install. It won't, and you will not be notified anymore.

As noted, ChugIt recommends flashing back to SPR from ROM Manager if you are using that, prior to allowing the update to install, as that is what he did.

EDIT(you beat me!)
  9. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

im using bbv.4 an clockwork an i got the update today i accepted the update it did not even reboot an it said your system is up to date notification gone.
  10. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

Still rooted and on BB v0.4? If so this is a confirmation that Clockwork will block it, right?
  11. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

clockwork def did block it i thought about flashing sprecovery but figured why not try. worst case would be sbf back to 2.0.1 i opened the notification clicked reboot an install it said rebooting in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 then bam it said you system is currently up to date still rooted still themed did not even reboot.
  12. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

That's weird on the not rebooting, but at any rate I'm glad you're all sorted and this update didn't do as I suspected. What I suspected was that they were going to slipstream something in to over-ride alternate recoveries and lock the bootloader. I'm so glad they didn't! Whew!