1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

bb7.8 seemingly changed firmware version from 2.0.1 > 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by rod, Feb 22, 2010.

1. rod

rod New Member

when i updated bugless beast from 0.7.6 to 0.7.8 last week, i noticed my firmware version under "about phone" changed from 2.0.1 to 2.1. now im a little worried, because i dont know if my firmware is actually 2.0.1 and the "2.1" is merely a glitch, or if the phone is actually running 2.1 firmware. (i was under the assumption that i would need to wipe all data to go from 2.0.1 to any rom that was 2.1, and since i never did a wipe, how could i be at 2.1?)

keep in mind i never received the ota update either.

can someone put my mind to ease and tell me what route i should go? should i keep updating only 2.0.1 roms, and ignore that my "about phone" screen is declaring firmware at 2.1?

thanks for your help and time.
  2. bL33d

bL33d New Member

that has been changed back to 2.0.1 in v1.0 and above. but he kept certain settings to allow u to still be able to download new live wallpapers from teh market.
  3. rod

rod New Member

ok, thanks for the response. what im understanding from you is that he changed the firmware version on the surface only, right? the phone is still 2.0.1. so im safe to continue to download 2.0.1 roms?

seeing that jump made me take a step back, and i dont wanna get back in line without knowing exactly the deal.
  4. Pdigg

Pdigg New Member

Rod - Correct
  5. rod

rod New Member

sweet. thanks a bunch you two. off to 1.1!