1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BB7.4 and Taz's kernels, setcpu's profiles are being ignored when charging

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jasonb, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jasonb

jasonb New Member

BB7.4 and Taz's kernels, setcpu's profiles are being ignored

anybody else who is running taz's kernels along with BB 7.4 let me know if you are having the same issue or.

i am running taz's 1ghz kernel at 800mhz. anytime my phone is charging the profiles in Setcpu are being ignored, and the cpu is stuck running at 800mhz. i have it set to go back to 550/250 when charging, but it stays locked at 800 when charging. also if i manually knock it down to 550 it still stays stuck at 800.
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

actually it appears that all the profiles are being ignored even when the phone is not charging. i just put the temp failsafe at a crazy low number and 250mhz clock speed so that it would be obvious if it took affect. it did nothing. it's still running at 800mhz. i like that the temp monitor program shows actual cpu temp but i don't like that the kernel is ignoring the profiles i set in setcpu.

i'm also going to guess that when the phone is in standby it's ignoring that profile as well because my battery life sucked big time today.
  3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

wow. kinda surprised nobody has responded. seems all the hackers are sleepin.

anyway. i am back to pete's kernel, the one that comes on the Bugless Beast and setcpu is back to how it should be. i want my actual cpu temps back, but i'll wait for pete to work his magic. he says he is going to incorporate taz's kernels into his rom eventually. hopefully by then everything will work 100%
  4. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Do you have the most recent updated SetCPU? Because I'm running 1.1Ghz taz kernel and my profiles are working?
  5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

yes i have the latest update. i tried 2 different kernels from taz, and installed them 2 different ways and nothing fixed the issue. i went back to petes kernel(flashed the boot.img using adb) and all is well again.

are you 110% sure they are actually working?
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah mine are fine too......I'm at 1.1GHz on BB7.4 and all is good...
  7. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Yep, make sure you unplug and replug your charger after you change the profile settings...That DOES that an effect on it, it won't change until after you replug it back in to the phone.
  8. jasonb

jasonb New Member

well i never tried the 1.1ghz kernel, i only want to run at 800mhz. but i tried both the 950mhz and 1ghz kernels with the same bad results. i tried installing them each both ways all with the same result.
  9. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i did all that, and still nothing. i'm not one to give up. i tried everything and nothing was working.
  10. jasonb

jasonb New Member

all i know is that it is all waaaay to much trouble just so i can get a reading of the actual cpu temp.

from my experience yesterday i doubt i'll ever get the cpu to it's limits. if 70c is max and i was only able to get it up to 55c then i think i am safe. if 105c is the real max and my max was 55c, then i am really really safe.
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I don't know what the problem would be man.....maybe try uninstalling the SetCPU app and reinstall

See if that helps
  12. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. like i said, i'm not one to give up easily, i tried everything.

right when i put pete's boot image back on it instantly worked perfect again.
  13. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Try the 1.1Ghz and let me know how that goes...Which instructions are you following?
  14. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i'm not trying anymore, at least not right now. i have it working perfect right now, so i am going to leave things alone.

i have done it both ways when flashing to taz's kernels. using adb is my preferred method, adb is the only way i could get pete's kernel back on. nandroid wouldn't do it. kept giving me an error.
  15. djtrick9

djtrick9 New Member

Having same isssue

I am having the same issue. have wiped phone clean several times. on Pete's Bugless Beast 7.5 setCPu works fine unless you r are plugged into AC power only. then the widget says 550 but if you look in system info, BogoMIPS is actually at 800. 7.4 was fine.

is it an issue with the ROM? or an issue with the new version of SetCPU?

I use mine for navigation and when I want it down to 550 when it is charging in the car dock, cause navigation heats up the darn thing enough. but because it is power only and not USB connection, the bogoMIPS stay at 800, disregarding the profile. otherwise the profiles seem to be just fine.

any insight is appreciated. I'm gonna try and uninstall setcpu 1.4.6 and put in an older vesion and see what happens. let me know if anyone else has tried this
  16. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

This may just be a bug that some are experiencing...and I'm sure the dev is aware of it

He is a dev at xda forums if you wanna look it up and try to report this
  17. djtrick9

djtrick9 New Member

so it must be something in the ROM. I tried installing an older version of setCPU and the same things happens when plugging into Power only. system info goes straight to 800MHz even though the widget says differently
Search tags for this page

taz