BB Virgin Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ezbaiby, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ezbaiby

ezbaiby New Member

I downloaded the ROM from here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ndroid-2-2-frf84b-clean-untouched-virgin.html
    I downloaded the deodexed version (thats what he says to do if your a newb) and I now have a zip with 3 things: a meta-inf folder, a system folder and a boot.img. How do I get this on my phone. I am rooted and on stock 2.0.1
  2. USCChem

USCChem New Member

Do NOT unzip the file. Leave it zipped! Transfer it to your phone's SD card using the USB cable.
    Download the free application ROM Manager from the Market. Open it. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery by selecting that option from the menu. Once that is done, select install ROM from SD card. Select the zip file you downloaded. Select both "Wipe Data & Cache" and "Back Up Current ROM." Your phone will now reboot, install the ROM, and reboot again into the new ROM, all automatically.

Make sure you use a backup app to backup any texts or applications you want to bring with you to 2.2. (Such as Titanium Backup and SMS Backup & Restore.)
  3. ezbaiby

ezbaiby New Member

thanks so much!!!and do i need to do anything with basebands or kernels or anything like that or just leave it as is?
  4. USCChem

USCChem New Member

It's just a matter of preference. If you are satisfied with how your phone is running, there isn't a huge need to do anything with those.