BB v6.2.1 wifi problem

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by korn5979, Mar 12, 2011.

1. korn5979

korn5979 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help me please. All it says is error and won't pick up any wifi connections. :(

2. baaldemon

baaldemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem after flashing petes 1ghz oc kernel, switched to the chevy 1.1ghz oc kernel and no longer had the issue. Try switching kernels

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. tony4life

tony4life New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finding the chevy 1.1ghz oc kernel

I'm willing to try this fix because Friday I finally flashed a non-stock ROM, GPA15. I had WiFi for what seemed like 5 minutes then it went away. Here's a question about the chevy 1.1ghz oc kernel: WHERE CAN I FIND IT FOR DOWNLOAD? Thanks for the great idea but it helps when there's a link to any recommended files. Have a great Memorial Day! -Tony dancedroid

4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Any problems I ever had with Bugless Beast and WiFi were fixed when I rebooted my ROUTER. I've never had a problem with "the beast" itself.

Be careful what kernels you flash. Most of the custom kernels out there are Gingerbread, but Bugless is FroYo 2.2.1.

I wish Pete had a Bugless Beast built around FroYo 2.2.2.

5. tony4life

tony4life New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was careful to only use what Peter Alfonso has for his GPA ROMs but I can run a backup of the GPA15 ROM I have now so I can try the other kernel mentioned above. By the way, I have two laptops that access that router that they have no problems with the WiFi router. This problem is with the handset tuning on its WiFi antenna so it can access anything on WiFi. It's apparently not a problem exclusive to BB.
    -Tony dancedroid

6. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The kernels Pete posted are GINGERBREAD kernels and should NOT be used to flash over Bugless Beast as that is based on FroYo.

Flashing over GPA is fine.

7. tony4life

tony4life New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up. I was using the stock ROM 2.2.2 rooted before I jumped to GPA15. I'm glad I waited.

David Bowes caught me on the Bugless Beast page on Facebook and told me I needed to re-flash my Droid. I had to agree because I flashed twice and, although I cleared out caches and data, I only did it the first time. Not the second. I cleared everything TWICE before I flashed GPA15 again and "PRESTO" everything works! No more WiFi issue and a couple of minor features I didn't see the first time are working now too. Thanks David! I'm not usually squeamish about experimenting but not the night before a work day. David apparently has a private tech support business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Find him on Facebook and send him some business if you can. He's a good guy who followed up with me twice to ensure things worked out.

Thanks again everyone for your input. It helped me a lot!
    dancedroid