BB V0.7.4 versus Sholes.info 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by otis, Feb 8, 2010.

1. otis

otis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone installed and compared BuglessBeast 0.7.x against Sholesmod 2.0.1+?

I know sholes 1.1 had some issues with slowdown and the compcache, however I haven't noticed any lag/slowdown-over-time issues in sholes 2.0.2. However I've heard many good things about BB's stability and speed and I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion.

Also, if you have sholes modupdater installed and rooted that way, what are the steps to change from sholes to BB? Sorry for that noob question, but it pays to be paranoid with this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

2. krise11385

krise11385 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wen I first rooted my phone which was like 3 weeks ago the first rom I tried was smoked glass wich is very good stable fast and good looking . Then I installed the beast n its even faster in my opinion .then wen the sholes rom came out the new one *****n beagel I tried it n was honestly kinda dissapointed after all the hype n everyone sayn how much better it was then the beast I got a lot of forced closed on apps n the home launcher the only thing I like beter bout the sholes was the auto rotate on the homescreen. I trie both 2.0.1 and .....o.2 and then.0.3 and I think either bugless or smoked glass is the best imo . N as far as install jus download the update zip reboot recovery nandroid backup first always n then install allow updat then install update zip (deprecated).that's for the beast .I can't remember how I installed the smoked glass cuz I been tryin to install it again the way I did before n it jus won't work n I can't figure out why lol . But good luck hyope this helps

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've been running Bugless Beast for several days (800Mhz) and it is FAST and VERY stable. Hasn't even flinched let alone froze (i.e. required reboot or battery pull). Can't speak to Sholes though.

4. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd probably get much more responses if this was in the hacks section, you may want to ask a mod to move it there

5. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion, Sholes or Smoked Glass, if you will, is a very nice looking ROM with all the blue images, and it is stable, but to me BB is a lot more crisp and smooth, from screen swipes to accessing the notification bar, to unlocking the phone..it just seems faster and smoother. Has anyone else noticed this? Ive ran both at 800 and 950mhz and it seems to me that I can run BB at 800 and still be smoother and faster than Sholes at 950. Im not doggin it, cuz I love the blue theme, but its just a liiiiittle laggy

If you wanna change from sholes to BB just download the version of the file you want, depending on the method you want to use to install and place it accordingly, then reboot into the recovery screen and wipe your /SYSTEM: and /CACHE: and use the appropriate method to install

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Ran Sholes 2.0.1, x.x.2, and x.x.3 OC'd at 800mhz and very stable. Tried to OC to 1ghz and encountered endless reboots.

Un rooted, did a factory reset and flash Bugless Beast 7.5. OC'd at 950mhz and stable, and also ran at 1ghz and stable.

For me, BB allows me a higher overclock and does seem to be a big smoother. Both ROMs are great and many people have been stable at 1ghz on Sholes but for me this wasn't the case.

7. iSecks

iSecks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As titans said, this would probably get more responses in hacks, you might want to ask a mod to move it there.

As for me, I ran BB 0.5, before Sholes 2.0 came out. I never upgraded past 0.5 because I didn't like how he put the glass theme in by default. I think it should be a choice for the user if he wants to put in a theme. Plus, it's more work [especially for him] to change the stock theme to glass, and then put a patcher to convert back, than to just make a patcher to convert the stock theme to the glass theme. But that's just me, I guess I'm the only person who likes the stock theme. =/.

ANYWAYS, I'm on Sholes 2.0.2 [2.0.3 didn't really have any fixes I needed] and it's running great on TazKernel 1.1ghz. I've had it freeze on me once, but that's to be expected in my opinion when you're running the phone at 2x the default clock speed, and the limit of your phone [I can't get 1.3 to boot.] I have to admit though, the best experience I've had is on Greek53T's 0.0.4 rom. I loved it. I'm probably going to get the Alldroid Community Rom soon, as it's basically Greek53T's but with some other stuff added (As long as ReverendYo doesn't put that darn glass theme in! >=[ )
    Or maybe I might try koush's rom when he updates it. Right now there's nothing really interesting to me.
    Another rom that looks like it has potential is Simply Stunning by ChevyNo1. Right now it's got the glass theme but he's releasing it without it soon, so I might try it out.

8. robotkiller

robotkiller Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having run all of these ROMs - the fastest setup (in terms of screen switching and UI lag) has been Smoked Glass with Home++ (w/OC of course). It also looks awesome.

Sounds crazy, but an OC'ed Home++ is smooth