1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BB v0.5 Won't Install no matter what

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Froyo, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Froyo

Froyo New Member

I'm doing everything correctly, or at least, everything I usually do when flashing a ROM, wiping thrice, making sure it isn't update.zip.zip (though I'm using Clockwork anyway so that doesn't matter)

Anyway, I hit install, and it installs correctly, but then I hit reboot system, and it continually just freezes on the red droid eye. I've done this several times. If I do a battery pull and reboot, it'll boot up, and it'll even say I'm running Bugless Beast, except that the Bugless Beast app and scripts aren't there.

Also, I just partitioned my SD as well, so there shouldn't be any problem there. (Though it refuses to let me create an Apps2SD partition, but that's another story) Anyway...

...any ideas?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

first, i would check to make sure you don't have a corrupt download - redownload and copy again to your sdcard.

also, the long first boot isn't too unusual for his rom, if i recall correctly - pete put in some new tweaks that causes a longer initial boot.

if you followed your "normal procedure" for flashing roms, that may be your problem, as well. BB 0.5 has a special procedure for flashing - did you go to his website (www.peteralfonso.com) and read the install instructions?? if not, try that, too.

good luck!
  3. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Hey, thanks for responding. However, I actually have redownloaded several times from both Pete's links to no avail. I did also just double check at the link you provided and yes, I am doing everything correctly.

As far as the slow boot time on the initial startup, how long is long? I let it sit there for literally ten minutes before finally pulling the battery.

Any other ideas?
  4. huskerkate

yeah, 10 mins doesn't sound out of the norm. read thru the initial pages of the rom thread - i think i recall people in there talking about initial boots of well over 10 mins...
  5. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Okay, I'll give it another shot. Though just to point out, when I get to the red eye, it completely freezes after a couple seconds of the animation, rather than looping the animation over and over again. Don't know if that's relevant or not.
  6. huskerkate

you're right - that doesn't sound like typical boot behavior. i only ran v0.5 for a day, so i've probably exhausted my usefulness to you. if you continue having problems, try posting in the main thread (or bugs thread), or hitting up GirLuvsDroid or Zero Barrier with a PM - i think they are beta team/mods for BB 0.5...
  7. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Fixed. Here's what I did: In Windows 7, I clicked properties, and then "unblock." Then "apply."

Also, I downloaded with Internet Explorer, rather than Firefox.

Funny enough, I knew about, and have used both of these methods before, but it's been a while now because usually neither of them are necessary.

Thanks to huskerkate for the help, and anyone who may be out there who is in a similar situation try the above two suggestions.