BB v0.4 - Bluetooth Audio bug

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by haijak, Jul 15, 2010.

1. haijak

haijak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a couple of days of testing I discovered the music player in BB v0.4 (Froyo) practicaly mutes all sound below ~100hz while playing through Bluetooth. The analog out (headphone) sounds great.

I tested Canoygen's latest v6 rc1, and it's player sounded fine. Then I randomly selected the MixZing player for testing on BB v0.4, and it sounded normal as well.

MixZing is fine as a bandage for now, but I would rather use the standard player. Has anybody else seen this, know of a solution?

2. noisufnoc

noisufnoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to hijack, but i'm also having a bluetooth issue. When I use Pandora over bluetooth and try to advance the song (via my bluetooth device) the phone opens the media player and starts playing sounds from my sd card. This didn't happen with CM 5.X.X

3. haijak

haijak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After spending a couple of hours actually trying to use the thing instead of diagnose the problem. It's more complex. each player on occasional track changes seem to switch to crappy audio, then switch to the other player and it works well. Some times re-doing the Bluetooth connection works.

Now I would guess it's part of random Bluetooth weirdness others are reporting.

Now I'm going to see if it's part of the naked FRF84B Pete has. Will report back soon.

4. haijak

haijak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uppon further annalasis it seemes that FRF84B has the problem. I couldn't get a couple of FRF91 builds to show the problem.

Hopefuly BB v0.5 will use FRF91.

5. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using Music-Mod (which is based on the stock player) on BB 0.4 with my bluetooth and its seemed fine. I haven't noticed and clipping/missing sounds at all.

Search tags for this page

cm 11 4.4 bluetooth bug