BB V0.4 Battery Drainage

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Habs Forever, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Habs Forever

Habs Forever New Member

Hello. I downloaded Bugless Beast V0.4 a week or two ago onto my Droid with with the ROM Manager app which was recommended to me by a user here.

Recently, I have noticed my battery draining more than usual, and maybe taking a bit longer to charge. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I doubt it.

I haven't installed too many new apps that could be doing it. A couple of weeks ago I installed Beautiful Widgets, and I use the Home widget with the time and weather. I have the News and Weather App that was there with I installed BB, as well as the ESPN Score Center widget. I had a Pandora widget (didn't listen to it very often at all) so I trashed it.

Should I get rid of these widgets? What else could be draining my battery? Am I going to have to get a new phone or battery? What can I do?

Thanks for any advice guys, much appreciated.
  2. turbocad6

turbocad6 New Member

batteries do progressively deteriorate with time & charge cycles & some widgets are def known to cause excess battery drainage too, the best way may be to try process of elimination to identify the cause, but without accurately measuring & just going by "seat of the pants feel" it can be a bit tough to determine anything absolute too...
  3. Habs Forever

Habs Forever New Member

I've only had this particular Droid for 1.5-2 months now. It was brand new when I purchased it.

I will leave it on tomorrow and see how long a charge lasts under regular usage, but I don't know, it's been really dying quickly lately I think
  4. BRKDR08

BRKDR08 New Member

I had same prob w bw home using geolocation kills batt turn it off and life is good
  5. Habs Forever

Habs Forever New Member

So is just typing in my location fine then?

It does get a little annoying anyway - when I drive a few towns over to go out to dinner and it happens to refresh there, I don't really need that particular town on my desktop.
Search tags for this page

is facebook draining my battery in droid x