BB V0.1 FRF57 Battery is PHENOMINAL!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by GDO7, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've also found that if you have wifi turned on in an area with a strong signal, the battery lasts a lot longer. It seems counterintuitive that turning on an extra radio would *improve* the battery life, but I guess it takes less juice to maintain wifi than it does to keep 3G or 1x data connected. Likewise (but more logically), leaving the phone in an area of poor signal sucks battery life like crazy.

2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Not my experience. If you're 3G is in and out or you are doing a TON of browsing, sure, but seems like WiFi sucks twice the juice of 3G when idle. I've played around with Locale some setting my phone to turn-off wifi & bluetooth when placed on a table (i.e. idle), then turn on when picked up (using). But it was a bit too slow to react for my liking, but now since Froyo is twice as fast as 2.1....

My battery results with this are a bit puzzling. Wifi is lower than before, display is higher. I'm surprised WiFi is as low as it is, maybe because my signal is bouncing around (but thought that would take more juice!). But like you said, if other "stuff" is getting more efficient with the rom, then display usage should be creeping up.

3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    bolden88

I'd say start over and get a different kernal many like p3's kernals I've never had good luck with them. I mean they work and are fast but they eat battery's.

On Petes BBv1.0-1.1 I ranBEKIT7X1200IV [Do not run these on Froyo]. Now I run ChevyNo1's 1.1ghz kernal. I like to run faster kernals but I had to settle on this one cause after 5-6 times starting over completely clean I could not even get close to the battery life I was getting on BBv1.1 with 1.2 and 1.3 kernals.

I hope BEKIT comes out with a Froyo kernal soon then I'll wipe completely and start over again. I was getting a full day in with heavy I mean heavy usage on BBv1.1. It was warm alot but from what I read all over these battery's will run warm and handle it up to 140 or so without a hitch for long periods of time.

Anyone else notice that no matter how much you push the phone it still runs hottest when charging ? Thats the main reason I still and always will use Setcpu.

4. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    [​IMG]

This was my screenshot two days ago. My settings were:

Bugless Beast v0.1 Froyo
    P3's 125 - 1000 MHz LV
    C_01.43.01P baseband
    Profile: Conservative
    CPU Low: 125 MHz
    CPU High: 300 MHz
    (Airplane Mode was NOT on for more than a couple seconds, I hit it by accident, then noticed that it was on, and turned it off after the screen shot was taken)

The Battery Left Widget never says Accurate, but when I time it with the phone itself, it always seems to be within an hour or so of being ACCURATE. There was an update this morning to it, that should have fixed that issue, but the numbers are right. I tested it out!

#28 chevycam94, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    300Mhz?? Maybe for crazy battery savings, but it's just not realistic to actually run at that maximum speed all the time. Also - using the "powersave" profile actually just FORCES it to stay at the lowest speed all the time, (just like how "performance" forces it to the maximum speed. "powersave" would make your phone almost entirely unresponsive at 125Mhz.

Those battery estimates are never accurate - they can extrapolate based on what you're currently doing, maybe based on usage trends over time, but they can't predict what you're going to do. It's kinda like when I push the clutch pedal down and let off the gas going downhill in my jeep and reset the fuel economy calculator. It tells me I'm getting 99 MPG! That doesn't scale to a full tank so much...

6. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    actually, even on the conservative profile (sorry, it was conservative, not powersave, I had it wrong, thanks for taking note), it was running fairly well. Quite responsive actually. Screen was a LITTLE choppy, but I could still answer phone calls, take pictures, send txts, browse the web, and generally use the phone. It didnt freeze, or FC, or quit at all. Maybe I am just lucky so far, but thats how it worked for me.

True, the estimated % that the widget shows, is a guess, but its awfully close to being right. Remember, not all Droids are created equal. lol

7. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess if you're not doing much and you're patient, you can get by at 300Mhz. It's when you get ahead of it that tasks start piling up and it can't keep up with all the clicking/scrolling. Things won't generally force-close, they will just "soft" force-close - the slower CPU will cause things to take longer, so it will give you the option to close or wait.

I use "conservative" as well - it's a good compromise. The on-demand governor will just jump directly to the maximum speed when the load gets above the up_threshold - generally I don't need full speed, I just need a little bit more. conservative handles up AND down thresholds, so it will pick whatever speed is needed to keep the load at the proper level, rather than jumping up and down all the time.

Well, there's a difference between not-equal and 57 hours of battery life. I'm not so sure 57 hours can even be done without leaving the display and radio off... I'll believe it when I see it. Try out the Battery Graph app - it sits in the background and records/graphs your remaining capacity over time.

#31 Se7enLC, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010