BB V0.1 FRF57 Battery is PHENOMINAL!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by GDO7, Jun 14, 2010.

1. bolden88

bolden88 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Dead Battery

After installing Froyo my battery went instantly to zero from 100%. It is charging now. Charging for over an hour and still just a red battery symbol with a cross through it. What happened and how do I fix? I have a P3 1 ghz kernal. Can I reflash or do a backup with no battery power?

2. CypherAZ

CypherAZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a glitch to me, try pulling the battery and resetting your device.

3. xXbrick84Xx

xXbrick84Xx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats very weird I have TERRIBBLEEE battery life on BB v0.1, and stock froyo on my droid. Setcpu profiles and everything... 1.2Ghz kernel

4. zz500

zz500 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been unplugged for 19 hrs. Been using my phone like normal all day. Phone calls, listening to messages, texting, market, updating apps etc.

Still at 70% -- yes 70%

Using Pete's Bugless Beast, Chevys new kernal, and petes All in one baseband. Stock theme.

System - Froyo 2.2
    Baseband - C_01.43.01P
    Rom - BB v0.1
    Kernel - Chevys Froyo lv 1.2 (2.6.32-lowV)
    Stock theme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#16 zz500, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    BUGLESS BEAST:icon_ nana:

6. Breezer23

Breezer23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life for me is horrendous and it gets so hot! Even @ 800MHz it gets extremely hot. I'm about to switch back to 2.1. Every 2.2 ROM thus far destroys my battery life.

7. ckamc

ckamc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I mentioned this before in one of my previous postings but after zipalign and doing a long battery pull my phone has lasted atleast twice as long.

My phone used to be hot all the time like some of the others have posted but after doing the script it has been great.

Going to experiment with kernals in the next few days since I am only on the stock one and have always been interested in running an low volt one.

Being rooted just rocks compared to everyone else, I'm just happy with 800 even 750 because it works with no hiccups and is quicker than everyone elses droid I know and just as fast as the incredibles for now.

I'm way heavy on my phone... maybe 9am til 6pm before I have to plugin, maybe sooner depending if I'm reading/browsing a lot... usually use pandora 4hrs a day minimum. Addicted to that mmo game out on market with a Z. Then an hour or twos worth of texting and maybe an hour or more in calls.

8. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    how do you run zipalign?

9. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    My battery life appears to stink...60% of what is used to be. But that may be because I'm now running my full Sweeterhome theme that has 24+ widgets.

Haven't gotten a full, clean reading yet. So we will see.

But all these "battery life" threads are useless. Apples to oranges. The only way to get a decent comparison is to fully charge and leave the screen on (no WiFi, no blue tooth, no GPS), say min. brightness, until it drains (hopefully with minimal activity, maybe done overnight).

I generally leave my screen on at min brightness with WiFi on when at home. Right now I'm looking at 7-8 hours, but that seems inaccurate (used to get @11-12). If I allow the phone to sleep after say, 10 minutes, I'm quite certain I could probably get a full day on a charge (and plug in overnight). Considering "display" normally eats anywhere from 70-90% of my battery, I imagine I could easily hit 25-30 hours if I allowed my phone to sleep.

#21 kodiak799, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. ckamc

ckamc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just terminal
    Typed su
    Then zipalign_apks
    Then sync
    Then reboot
    Then left batt out on reboot

11. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be a good way to determine the battery capacity of the device, but not a good way to determine the realistic life. Obviously neither froyo nor BB are going to change the amount of power required to keep the screen lit up. If 80% of your battery use is for the screen, you're unlikely to see any improvements at all from software changes. For real-life use, though, there's a lot of room for improvement.

For light use, the ability of the software to scale down the CPU, manage memory efficiently, etc really DO help the battery life. Even performance tweaks to run things faster helps, because now the CPU doesn't have to spin up as high to perform the same tasks. More efficient memory management helps things load faster and stops them from having to swap in and out (expensive read/write operations).

It may not be perfectly accurate, but I use light-use/standby as my measure of battery usage. I leave the phone sitting on my desk and look at the Battery Graph app every so often. When I see it dropping decades in under 30 minutes, that's bad. When it's over an hour, that's good. Not that you can extrapolate the entire full-to-dead battery life like that, but I can easily see the difference between 5 hours of life and 10 hours of life without having to go through an entire cycle.

I'm still waiting to see the screenshot of 27 hours since unplugged. I can't imagine getting that kind of life without putting it in airplane mode.

12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'm actually getting about 80% of my battery life as before. Just left the screen and wifi on overnight with virtually no other activity and it's projecting to about 9-9.5 hours full battery (I have a bunch of widgets running, plus email, calendar, etc..)

So obviously if 80% of my usage is display, I could, in theory, get 30+ hours with my phone mostly just sleeping and light usage. That's why I'm neither impressed nor incredulous when I see long battery life numbers. It really tells me nothing because I don't know if your phone was asleep for 15 hours or 25 of those hours. The phone just isn't using much power when sleeping.