BB V 0.4 Froyo SDcard Apps wont load

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Kdubbjr, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

My phone died earlier and now the apps on the sd wont load. In Settings<Applications, they say they are still there and are all stuck on computing. my sdcard is working fine.
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

How much time did you give it? I know when you have apps on your sdcard they tend to take longer to load
  3. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

What exactly do you mean by died? If it was battery life then you should be fine. If it was a spontaneous reboot do a clean shutdown and then boot back up normally.
  4. GZ2525

GZ2525 New Member

I'm having the same probably. I had to do a restore of my rom and everything works fine like normal, but all the apps that were on the SD card show, but no icon images and none will open?
  5. notional

notional New Member

I am experiencing the same issues. I was having major problems with my phone, so I decided to do a factory reset. I tried downloading my original apps. Most downloaded and installed properly, but a lot of them did not. I was reading on this forum, and a solution was to purge the cache in the Market from the 'manage applications' section. All of the apps say 'computing' unerneith them. I cannot clear the cache, as I tap the button, but nothing happens as long as it's saying 'computing'. I still cannot install apps either. I can download them, but not install them. I am not rooted.

Any ideas anyone?
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

This works best when you can get wifi. Do the factory data reset again. This time after you re-sign into your google account do NOT do anything else with your phone until you get a notice in your notification bar that "xxx apps have been restored". Patience is a virtue.

good luck
  7. notional

notional New Member

Solved!

Okay, after a lot of reading, and great advice. I finally figured out the solution to my problem. It was simple, and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner.

I simply removed the media card (SD).

After that, I was able to install all the downloaded material. Root the Droid X without problems, and 'freeze' a lot of the bloat ware (thanks to Titanium Backup), then reinstalled my SD media card, and viola! I was even able to install my old programs that were in my download folder on the media card.

I hope that this helps at least one person with the issues I had.