BB Toolkit Force Close, on original and updated 6.2 & 6.2.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by EddieVersatile, Jan 9, 2011.

1. EddieVersatile

EddieVersatile New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else having this issue? I figured it may have been something with the beta rom, but it's still not letting me access it, even after i've updated to 6.2.1 from 6.2

It worked the first couple of times I tried to use it on the Beta Rom.

The location&security problem is fixed now though! which is awesome, was getting tired of the lock pattern I picked haha.

2. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Did you wipe between installs?

Works fine here

3. EddieVersatile

Ratings:
    +0
    i wiped before going to 6.2 from 6.1... but i just downloaded the update file for 6.2.1, because I really didnt feel like going through and re-doing everything again..

Is that, once again, what i'm going to have to do to fix it?
    I know that's everyones response to every little issue with no known fix.. But there has got to be other ways to get in there and fix individual problems like this without having to wipe/reset everything, everytime..

Does anyone have the latest Bugless Toolkit .apk file (from 6.2) uploaded somewhere? maybe i can uninstall and reinstall it?

4. EddieVersatile

Ratings:
    +0
    sooner or later, there is going to have to be other ways around the whole "wipe/reset" method of fixing things.. I mean, it's at the point now where it's almost like telling someone with a weird bug on Internet Explorer on their PC to Reinstall Windows and start from scratch, everytime he/she has an issue..

5. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is this the app BB Toolkit written by MrBlippy. This is designed for BB 0.1 to BB 0.5 only
    Update: BB Toolkit La Casa de MrBlippy

Or the includind ROM toolkit? If so I recommend wiping and re-intsalling.

And,.... With windows OS I do recommend a re-install for most users. It's simpler than trouble shooting ;)
    Each time Pete releases a new update it changes system files, as a result it needs a wipe. It is the equivalent of starting with XP and flashing OS7, 2 completely different OSes. The simplest way is to backup your apps using the app toolkit and then restoring settings with Titanium Backup, takes 10 minutes.

6. EddieVersatile

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, I was talking about the included BBToolkit in the 6.2 ROM. It shows up in my uninstaller and is able to be uninstalled, so I'm pretty sure if I could get a copy of the latest BBToolkit.apk i can fix the issue, without having to reset.

I will go ahead and check out Titanium backup, I've just had horrible experiences in the past, trusting backup apps, and getting screwed..

7. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Titanium is the gold standard to all backups

To get any stock apk download Pete's ROM from his site, open it with winrar, navigate to system/apps/ROMToolkit.apk

8. EddieVersatile

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you!